Help for partner struggling in work

Hello

My partner recently started a new job in retail. He was really enjoying it at first and was told he would pass his probation but then he made a mistake as he hadn't been trained properly. He was contacted by a senior manager for the mistake he made and he explained he was not trained properly. After this, his boss turned on him and the boss has made all the others in the team turn on him too. The boss will now not respond to his texts and messages if he has a query and he feels so isolated now. 

He spoke about this to an autism support service who told him he was being rude standing up to his boss and now he feels even worse and actually suicidal. 

My partner is awaiting an autism diagnosis and did not disclose this to his employer, he feels so lost now as he has been in so many jobs and let go and he feels bullied and picked on. He's been desperate to find remote work but no one responds.

Apologies for the rant, but if anyone has any advice on what he should do next it would be really appreciated.

We are at breaking point in our relationship too as I am finding it mentally exhausting but also love him too and he has no money and no where else to live. 

Parents
  • I'm really sorry to hear of your partner's struggles, and of the pressure that your relationship is under.

Please see this resource about suicide, which explains how to get help and support, which sounds like it's urgently needed. It includes the advice that "Anyone experiencing suicidal thoughts should call 999 or go to a hospital A&E department":

NAS - Suicide

There are also mental health-related resources here:

NAS - Mental health

The NAS also has some resources covering employment support, which include advice about workplace bullying:

NAS - Support at work – a guide for autistic people

• I'm really sorry to hear of your partner's struggles, and of the pressure that your relationship is under.

Please see this resource about suicide, which explains how to get help and support, which sounds like it's urgently needed. It includes the advice that "Anyone experiencing suicidal thoughts should call 999 or go to a hospital A&E department":

NAS - Suicide

There are also mental health-related resources here:

NAS - Mental health

The NAS also has some resources covering employment support, which include advice about workplace bullying:

NAS - Support at work – a guide for autistic people

Children
No Data