Possibly asexual and aromantic

I'm sure I'm asexual and aromantic, after numerous attempts at dating apps I quickly lose heart and delete my profile.  The rigmarole of meeting and dating people loses it's appeal before coming back during a spell of longing and boredom.

That said, I have a curiosity about sex and find scenes in movies and TV series fascinating and arousing.  I enjoy the fantasies more than the reality it seems.

Parents Reply Children
  • Unless you actually want off spring and thats a perfectly valid reason for wanting sex, the rest of it all seems to complicated and I say this as someone who's been in relationships most of her adult life. The menopause killing any libido I once had is such a blessing and a relief, I've got so much more room in my head now, it's like a brain extension!

Romance and sex seem to have a whole sub set of different rules to the rest of the ones society seems to find so important, then you've got different people needing different things and you've got  to work all that out, by the time I'd done that I didn't have the energy left to put into sex or a relationship.

• Yes people should just stop and humanity should quietly fade away from the universe.