Trying to find work losing hope

I don't know what to do I've tried retail and can't cope with it I had to leave my last job because it was causing panic attacks and I wasn't treated well. 

I've got a head full of ideas for my own business but nothing solid and the job center is not only breathing  down my neck but my advisor isn't listening to me about what I can cope with and trying to force me into roles not suitable for my needs.

I want to work from home ideally that way I can be in my safe space,  have access to things like my sensory aids etc and be around my pets as I work. I also want to work from home as I can't take other staff members drama.

I keep getting the talk that I need to meet new people and be in a job where I make friends but I've been burned by people so much especially people I should trust.  I just don't have it in me to try make friends anymore, I just want to do my job and that's it.

I feel like I'm being backed into a corner and the closer my UC appointments get the more worked up I get , I just don't know what to do .

I want to make it clear because I know people judge those of us on universal credit that I do desperately want a job I just don't know what to do or how to deal with my advisor because I want a job I feel safe in and don't get hurt by other people again.

What jobs do you all have ? 

What Jobs can I look into from home? 

If I have to go out to work how do I cope ?

Parents
  • Hi, Jodie. It makes me so mad when advisers seem to have no concept of what Autism actually means for us. It sounds all to familiar.

I work in Medical Administration. Basically just me and my computer. I do have to make phone calls to patients which is difficult for me. I also only work part time and have a work coach via the Access to Work Scheme which I find helpful. 

https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work

The stuff with work colleagues in the office is also a stress on so many levels and I know that they think I am strange. 

I wish you well on the difficult management of negotiating UC and trying to stay well.

• Hi, Jodie. It makes me so mad when advisers seem to have no concept of what Autism actually means for us. It sounds all to familiar.

I work in Medical Administration. Basically just me and my computer. I do have to make phone calls to patients which is difficult for me. I also only work part time and have a work coach via the Access to Work Scheme which I find helpful. 

https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work

The stuff with work colleagues in the office is also a stress on so many levels and I know that they think I am strange. 

I wish you well on the difficult management of negotiating UC and trying to stay well.

Children
No Data