Does not compute

As the saying goes. Trying to get my head around   the contradiction between being told I belong and am wanted here  and the  heavy, and often very condescending ,criticism that's currently being directed at me.

Parents
  • For what it is worth, I haven't really seen or felt condescension being aimed at you, nor criticism, to be honest.  I see you an an active and productive member of this community, who commands not insubstantial respect and a growing warmth for you, from all.

Now - this is not to say that ANY of the above words (that honestly report my perception on the matter) are even remotely correct.

I think that this may be at the heart of the matter.  We are prone to misinterpretation, misconception and miscommunication.

• For what it is worth, I haven't really seen or felt condescension being aimed at you, nor criticism, to be honest.  I see you an an active and productive member of this community, who commands not insubstantial respect and a growing warmth for you, from all.

Now - this is not to say that ANY of the above words (that honestly report my perception on the matter) are even remotely correct.

I think that this may be at the heart of the matter.  We are prone to misinterpretation, misconception and miscommunication.

Children
No Data