Are there any unwealthy autistic persons here?

By that I mean those receiving universal credit/ESA or pension credit(if old enough). Those who live in social housing, and aren't well off enough to be home owners.

Parents
  • I wonder why you are asking this? I understand that the majority of autistic people either cannot work, or struggle to manage a full time job. And you don't have to be getting benefits or living in social housing to be poor - those with income just above the benefits level are often the worst off, and pay the highest proportion of income in taxes.

• You, and no doubt others here, wonder why. For my part I'm struggling to understand why  there's a failure to understand  why  the difference in experiences impacts  on my ability to feel that I fit in here.

• Hi Firemonkey, thank you for replying to my question.

Everyone is different on here, we all have different backgrounds and different political and social views - that's fine, so long as we don't let those differences divide us.

I looked at your profile to see if I could get more information on your background, so as to get a clue why you asked this question. I see that you state that you dislike "gammon people" and are against Brexit. I voted for Brexit, so I assume that means you automatically dislike me and would also call me a "gammon". I really do not care what anyone thinks of me or what they call me, but I wanted to just point out that this may offend others on the forum who have different political views to yourself. I won't say any more on the subject of politics as I don't want to get into any arguments, although I'm quite happy to chat with you about anything non controversial. 

I have now also seen a reply you posted to Mark (Spikey) where you say that compared to many you had a privileged upbringing. I don't see how that matters on here - we all have issues, no matter how wealthy or poor we are. I reply to posts that interest or intrigue me, or ones where I feel the same way as someone and hope I can make them feel included. Try to see past the differences - we should all be able to find common ground.

• I completely agree about the whole "remainer" vs "brexiteer" thing. How I voted in a referendum 8 years ago is just not something I'd want to base my identity on. 

Reply Children
No Data