Are there any unwealthy autistic persons here?

By that I mean those receiving universal credit/ESA or pension credit(if old enough). Those who live in social housing, and aren't well off enough to be home owners.

Parents
  • Although I tried to work for a year in a hotel after my later in life diagnosis in 2021 I’m back on Universal Credit and living alone in a council flat - the whole job search mechanics of Universal Credit just makes me anxious as I don’t have post diagnostic assessment or appropriate support and I’d question if universal credit is an appropriate benefit for people with autism to be on - after my redundancy in 2019 after 17 years, I’d felt forced into taking up the hotel job even though the supermarkets had changed their recruitment policies after I’d left - all I’ve found is nonsense and lack of support since my diagnosis - at age 53, 23 years living alone in the U.K. with family in Ireland - if I don’t have a post diagnosis assessment to assess my level of autism and identify appropriate support needs in any area of life, then I have no idea what my support needs are, where all autism support and funding is geared towards children (as important as that is) in both public and private that requires GP referral - some places that I’ve looked are only talking shops that only exist to push political talking points without practical support which is something that I don’t need to see read or hear - as usual disabled people get attacked the hardest and are left to their own devices without any realistic nor practical support, the first step of which must be post diagnosis assessment, which must become a basic legal entitlement and requirement, especially for those diagnosed later in life - yet despite all of this, I don’t see any real nor meaningful change happening any time soon 

• Although I tried to work for a year in a hotel after my later in life diagnosis in 2021 I’m back on Universal Credit and living alone in a council flat - the whole job search mechanics of Universal Credit just makes me anxious as I don’t have post diagnostic assessment or appropriate support and I’d question if universal credit is an appropriate benefit for people with autism to be on - after my redundancy in 2019 after 17 years, I’d felt forced into taking up the hotel job even though the supermarkets had changed their recruitment policies after I’d left - all I’ve found is nonsense and lack of support since my diagnosis - at age 53, 23 years living alone in the U.K. with family in Ireland - if I don’t have a post diagnosis assessment to assess my level of autism and identify appropriate support needs in any area of life, then I have no idea what my support needs are, where all autism support and funding is geared towards children (as important as that is) in both public and private that requires GP referral - some places that I’ve looked are only talking shops that only exist to push political talking points without practical support which is something that I don’t need to see read or hear - as usual disabled people get attacked the hardest and are left to their own devices without any realistic nor practical support, the first step of which must be post diagnosis assessment, which must become a basic legal entitlement and requirement, especially for those diagnosed later in life - yet despite all of this, I don’t see any real nor meaningful change happening any time soon 

Children
No Data