Are there any unwealthy autistic persons here?

By that I mean those receiving universal credit/ESA or pension credit(if old enough). Those who live in social housing, and aren't well off enough to be home owners.

Parents
  • I wonder why you are asking this? I understand that the majority of autistic people either cannot work, or struggle to manage a full time job. And you don't have to be getting benefits or living in social housing to be poor - those with income just above the benefits level are often the worst off, and pay the highest proportion of income in taxes.

• You, and no doubt others here, wonder why. For my part I'm struggling to understand why  there's a failure to understand  why  the difference in experiences impacts  on my ability to feel that I fit in here.

• does anyone fit in here? Forgive me but I've just never seen this as a 'fitting in' kind of place.

• I think Peter has hit the nail on the head here. But not fitting in, is no bad thing either. 

I don't fit in anywhere. This place we have one thing in common, and then may have other things in common with individual members. But the board as a whole will only ever be that one thing.

Though I have 'met' some great and interesting people here - your good self included

• I think Peter has hit the nail on the head here. But not fitting in, is no bad thing either. 

I don't fit in anywhere. This place we have one thing in common, and then may have other things in common with individual members. But the board as a whole will only ever be that one thing.

Though I have 'met' some great and interesting people here - your good self included

Children
No Data