Are there any unwealthy autistic persons here?

By that I mean those receiving universal credit/ESA or pension credit(if old enough). Those who live in social housing, and aren't well off enough to be home owners.

Parents
  • I'm surprised that you think that those who work without benefits are wealthy.

I was working as a legal secretary when I had a traffic accident.

The compensation allowed me to put a deposit on a flat purchase.

However, paying a mortgage and all the associated bills on a single unprofessional salary meant I was poor not wealthy.

• I'm surprised that you think that those who work without benefits are wealthy.

It was clumsily put, for which I apologise. I struggle to identify with the kind of people here who can talk about buying 200 year old homes in Cornwall, fitting new kitchens, able to live well abroad.I don't know whether anyone else here has experienced 'social drift'. Basically a marked decline, due to disability, in occupational/social status compared to  your parents.

• I struggle to identify with the kind of people here who can talk about buying 200 year old homes in Cornwall, fitting new kitchens, able to live well abroad.

The thing is, you don't actually know the histories of these people.

I've picked up a lot since my time here, and drawn a picture in my head of how some people have travelled this rocky road to where they are now.

Sometimes getting to the point above has involved a great deal of pain.

Basically a marked decline, due to disability, in occupational/social status compared to  your parents.

No.

My father worked very hard long hours, 1 week days, 1 week nights, as a manual worker in a factory all his working life.

My mother did some cleaning.

Its their death that helped me financially (and meeting my now husband late in life).

I understand why you want to identify with others here but we've all suffered in different ways I think.

• I struggle to identify with the kind of people here who can talk about buying 200 year old homes in Cornwall, fitting new kitchens, able to live well abroad.

The thing is, you don't actually know the histories of these people.

I've picked up a lot since my time here, and drawn a picture in my head of how some people have travelled this rocky road to where they are now.

Sometimes getting to the point above has involved a great deal of pain.

Basically a marked decline, due to disability, in occupational/social status compared to  your parents.

No.

My father worked very hard long hours, 1 week days, 1 week nights, as a manual worker in a factory all his working life.

My mother did some cleaning.

Its their death that helped me financially (and meeting my now husband late in life).

I understand why you want to identify with others here but we've all suffered in different ways I think.

Children
No Data