Distressed when picking clothes

I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with the following. I keep having these feelings of not "feeling right" in my clothes. I have always enjoyed fashion and I enjoy looking at others choices of clothing and thinking about why they chose them etc. Anyway, I have a quite a bit of clothing I bought because I loved it but then when I put it on to go out in it, it just doesn't feel like me at all. It's mainly skirts and dresses I have an issue with. I feel weird every time I put one on like I feel too feminine and it's not right. (For context I am a cis woman.)

Has anyone else had that kind of feeling before? I'm confused because it causes me a great deal of distress when I'm getting dressed - which I don't want! It's not a sensory thing, I'm sure of that, as I don't buy clothes that are uncomfortable to me.

Its also worth noting I do have big struggles identifying emotions. 

Parents
  • I do this with skirts and dresses as well. I buy them because I think they’ll be nice if I get invited to a party etc but I rarely end up wearing them. I’m much more comfortable in trousers. I’m also not sure why though, they just don’t seem to suit me for some reason. Even as a teen I would only wear skirts to school and at ballet

• I do this with skirts and dresses as well. I buy them because I think they’ll be nice if I get invited to a party etc but I rarely end up wearing them. I’m much more comfortable in trousers. I’m also not sure why though, they just don’t seem to suit me for some reason. Even as a teen I would only wear skirts to school and at ballet

Children
No Data