Ghosts

Anybody else believe in ghosts? I think there is something, there’s too many sightings and experiences for it all to be nothing. There’s a lot that science still can’t explain, and although science suggests infrasound as a theory for paranormal experiences, it can’t explain things just moving or flying on their own accord. If I can’t source a logical explanation, I say it’s paranormal. 

Parents
  • I don't believe in ghosts, and personally have never had a paranormal experience. The closest was when I had sleep paralysis and saw one of these sleep paralysis demons slowly moving towards me and reaching out to touch me (and I couldn't move).

I'll be honest it was probably the most terrified I've ever been. I was certain I was going to die and it felt like my heart would burst it was beating so fast. However, there is a rational explanation for it. It's not actually a demon or succubus or anything, it's just in the state between sleeping and waking, your eyes might interpret a shadow or your own eyelashes or something as a sudden danger and it takes a while for all the brain processes to kick in.

One thing that I actually do think there might be something to is near death experiences. There are so many of them and they are so consistent, that there may be something to it. I am not sure if consciousness ends when we die, but I think it's possible that it persists in some form or may be fundamental. I have some fringe beliefs regarding consciousness and the nature of reality, things which are difficult to prove.

• Sleep paralysis! One of the most horrible things ever. And it would tap into the scariest ideas from my Catholic upbringing - demons, nuns. I used to get this a lot, but not as much recently since I improved my diet.

I've heard it said that sleep paralysis explains a lot of things like UFO abductions, succubus etc. I can believe this.

The worst thing about it is it's not a proper dream, but a dream thing overlaid on your actual situation in bed (your eyes are likely open so can see the room). I hate them.

• Sleep paralysis! One of the most horrible things ever. And it would tap into the scariest ideas from my Catholic upbringing - demons, nuns. I used to get this a lot, but not as much recently since I improved my diet.

I've heard it said that sleep paralysis explains a lot of things like UFO abductions, succubus etc. I can believe this.

The worst thing about it is it's not a proper dream, but a dream thing overlaid on your actual situation in bed (your eyes are likely open so can see the room). I hate them.

Children