How long have you been diagnosed?

I've been diagnosed 24 years now.

Follow up question:

Do you feel that you understand your own Autism?

Parents
  • I have been diagnosed for 15 months now after of lifetime of angst about the feeling I am was not right. Now I got an explanation as to why I felt like I did and why I could never get promotions at the interview stage. I can know something inside out but if asked a question I go blank.

I am still learning about myself whilst dealing with the occasional imposter syndrome. I think I will be learning for a long time yet. The masking I have done over the years is now like an onion slowly peeling back layers with tears in my eyes trying desperately to get to know the 'real me'. 

• I was like that at interviews i'd be over qualified for the job, i should of easily of got them but i used to physically shake , i was a wreck,  I tried all sorts to cope with it, even having a few drinks before i went into the interview, i still messed up in them. :-(

• I was like that at interviews i'd be over qualified for the job, i should of easily of got them but i used to physically shake , i was a wreck,  I tried all sorts to cope with it, even having a few drinks before i went into the interview, i still messed up in them. :-(

Children