My Wildlife holidays.

Iv decided to do a forum on my wildlife holidays where I can tell you about my holiday rather than just sending pictures 

cause iv been on lots of them this year rather than only sending photos. also proper  trips il tell you about and add photos to go with it on this post aswell.  cause it will be easyer and better for me but is also  for holidays cause im going on lots of holidays this year and it deserves its own thread in this sense. 

my first holiday I went on this year was Wales. I went to Snowdonia near the national park 

we saw a lamma and a  pony

with  the view we got from the cottage we stayed in was of the sea 

Jackdaws perched on the buildings when we watched tv we went for a walk and I got great pictures of the moutains 

you could see them on the beach outline at the beach the waves I saw a literally called gray heron fly past 

the waves crashed against the rocks and became fully submerged until they broke and forced its way over.  my long lens saved my life by getting me up close enough to photograph the waders and I saw Great crested grebes.

back at the cottage herring gulls at Jackdaws

the next day we went to the waterfalls I saw yellow gorse.

the water level was high but not flooded. it was a adventure and the gorse made it look colourful

it was massive then we went down the mountain the next day we went to the sea again and I saw a cormerent. there was lots of bladder wrack which is a type of seaweed. 

seaweed are actualy a type of algae. some can surve out the water for a certain period of time. others dont survive as well it depends on the type cause theres different types of seaweed. 

this one is normaly mistake for seaweed but is actualy a type of animal instead 

in July 

im very used to wildlife watching in the uk and while I have been to menorca I havnt wildlife watched there cause I didnt have an interest in Wildlife then so this was my first time wildlife watching in a different country. 

I allways have to wear ear defenders when i go to the air port but they had disability asistance. I had to improvise cause the person that supports me that went with me hasnt gone on holiday with me before and didnt know what to say or do with my sensory challanges at the airport. the person that was with me said she thinks il be fine but I knew cause of my autism cant deal with crowds so I said I have autism and I dont like crowds so would it be ok to go where its less busy or quiter and so she took me through. there was a point where we wernt sure if I had to take my ear defenders off at the part where you have to walk through and them see if you got metal on you so I asked the lady there if I could keep them on and she went off to ask the person behind the thing you have to walk through. I was very anxious at this point. it was time to put our items on the coveyerbelt and walk through the metal thing. The person with me for the holiday and me still didnt know so I was panicing inside and i was told to take them off by the person taking me which i was reluctant to do but the plaine lady came over and thumbed up us saying not to take them off and that  i can keep them on and we went through. the flight was delayed by an hour. but it was no ones fault cause they had to help somone who couldnt walk onto the plane. so we walked and stopped every 5 minutes so people were joking about that and inpatient at the same time. eventually we got on though at last. I filmed the take off and we went over the bay of biscay on the way to Tenerife 

when landing I saw mount tede from above the clouds.

the next day I saw a canarian chiffchaff 

and I saw a Spanish sparrow for the first time. they were breeding at the hotel.

but one of my biggest highlights was snorkeling for the very first time

and the dolphins which i got to see for the very first time

and mount tede a active volcano with many species only found on that mountain I saw crystal on a rock 

that was the last day. the next day we went on a trip but when it came to packing bags for the trip. I put my bag with the plastic bag on it ontop of my suitcase then gave it to her with the plastic bag on it but took it off and thought that she was going to put the bag in cause it didnt only have my stuff in the bag and as far as I knew the plastic bag was in the boot but at some point in the journey I wondered where the bag was and thought it might be in the boot cause i couldnt see it in the back. we checked the boot and it wasnt there. 

my ear defenders got left behind which was problomatic cause the person with me wasnt willing to go back and get the ear defenders and  soon we had to go to the air port. I was highly anxious and I found it diffucult getting her to understand the why it is important enough that we do have to go back anf get them we bought some silenceing headphones as an emergancy cause otherwise I wouldnt of been able to get on the plane. we went through disability asisstance. the plane was delayed by a couple of hours and we wernt able to get on until midnight. a teenager had a go in a wheelchair and a little boy was going up and down a slope behind me which i found acted as visual stimulation and made my anxiety worse. it isnt thetre fault its just cause im autistic but thanfuly things did cam down and at 12 o'clock we  lined up and got on the plane and came back to the uk by 4 or 5 oclock in the morning. 

• thanks. I can understand why you were curious.  its just that even though there is more aceptance around things like Autism and gender identity not everyone nesacerily knows or understands much about it it can people who know me very well  are still learning about it and what it means aswell as what it means for me and my own exsperiance   ever  since I came out even my own family.  both being Autistic along with haveing  other disabilitys aswell as being  transgender too at the same time has its own unique challenges and its own ups and downs aswell which is something I learned after I came out a few years ago and both Autistic people and transgender people  are considered part of  the vulnerable group by both the public and society. so if i were to reveal where i was going to go to a wide audiance ahead of time like in  two weeks time for instance  that wouldnt be very wise even if I wenrt part of the vulnerable group aswell.  so  online safety is important and thats why its not that Im being judgemental cause im not a jusdgemental person and its not that I think your bad people or that you could look for me or find me or do something its just online safety in general thats all. I im very open about  autism and gender identity and like shareing my knoledge and exsperiance with others but I dont reveal where im going to go cause   giveing away where im going to go online is another thing entirely and not very wise  so I dont do that but you know that now and thanks for being understanding about it. also  sometimes I like to keep a surprise for people cause that makes it more exiting. if people knew where i was going to go it wouldmt be much of a surprise but if they didnt know it would be and can make things more interesting for people aswell due to not knowing where im going to go. another thing if i revealed where i was going to go you could look up what wildlife i might find or what sort of things i might do and that would makes things less interesting so I find its more exiting and interesting to keep where im going as a surprise then come back and reveal where iv been and what iv done and theres nothing to spoil the surprise then either. 

• Totally fine and sensible!

• thats a diffucult one cause its a public forum. I would do but for safety reasons particularly since I have disabilitys like others here but on top of that Im transgender and identify as male  could put me even more at risk ontop of that im also still new and for me it takes time to get to know people and even though im easy to get to know and get along with for most people it can still take time for others to get to know me properly aswell. I prefer not to rush the process and give things time. cause even though people here are friendly and have disabilitys like autism maybe even also transgender too like me it is still the internet so would be safer for many reasons not to reveal (where im about to go) this is why i dont usualy say where im going to go but share where iv been. to me it also keeps the element of surprise aswell. of course there is allways pm so that im not revealing where im (going to) go to a wide audiance but it might be a good idea for me to get to know people first before doing that too unless it is important. 

• Can we know where you are going in two weeks?

• iv just had some thought il be going on holiday again in two weeks so hopefully I should be able to make up for the mistake. this thread is still going to be a holiday thread and the day trip thread is  still going to be day trips and the non day trips thread not day drips cause its less comfusing whats what that way. if anyone wants to talk about the day trip iv sent then we can talk about it here if thats ok with you.  for referance its meant to just say days trips rather than saying other trips aswell but I couldnt edit the title but its for day trips if anyone would like to talk about the day trip i went on today. I came back around 2 then made the post for the day trip which took a long time 

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/38657/wildlife-trips-and-day-trips 

• iv also just realised iv put my post in the wrong forum of mine this was a day trip and not a holiday. I like to catogrise things cause it makes it easyer for me and less confusing. what caused the mistake is that I had 3 trip tabs open at once and I didnt read the title properly. I cant delate the photo post i made and put it in the correct day trip post cause when I copyed and pasted and then pressed edit and deleate it wouldnt deleate it 

• it is that it is made of either glass or plastic. I dont know which material for sure cause I didnt pick it up.  it apeared to be from a bottle or something 

and of course things on the beach can get washed into the sea which can afect Wildlife which is why I dont like litter on the beach.

im the same with litter when im not at the beach  aswell.  not all litter can hurt wildlife nesacerily but one of the common ones that have are plastic bags but the place where ( any )litter can be particcularly damaging is the ocean the underwater home for mammels and fish aswell as other creatures that have been knowm to get trapped or injured and then theres micro plastics and  the fact that it is a type of pollution aswell called water pollution.

glass and plastic are the ones i hate most for me but I also dont like metal either. but that is also due to a sensory thing and not just it being a peice of litter although plastic can be a sensory thing sometimes aswell.  I find the sound of anything made of metal painful and when in the form of litter it can be sharp. the sound of plastic can also  hurts my ears sometimes but its mainly the litter side. thanfuly I dont tend to encounter glass as often as plastic. 

I do pick litter up and throw them away like plastic and things if i find them particularly in the water which happens too often and I would of picked it up and thrown it away or something but the reason I didnt pick it up is cause I didnt see anywhere to throw it away and it could of been sharp in which case it wouldnt be a good idea to pick it up i could of got into trouble if it was. 

I found out that the beach has a litter picking sceme when I came back so they do  have beach clean ups though so if its any reasurance if theres any glass there it should be cleaned up next month cause thats the next clean up and they spend a few hours doing it aparantly. 

the bottle has probably been washed out to sea by now im sad to say but if it ever gets washed back to shore hopefuly it will be disposed of or encountered next month on there next clean up 

• Was it the glass that shouldn't be there? I have an irrational fear of glass. I have to ensure that every last bit has gone if I ever smash any.

When other people take you aside from your parents, what are their roles?

• I went to the Bristol Channel to porteshead I left after 10;30 at 11oclock this morning. I had what could be the begining of a cold 

yesterday after I had been to a shop which I found too noisy and busy yesterday so didnt go out in the afternoon.   today in the morning I still had a sore throat from yesterday but I left anyway cause I really wanted to go. I havnt been there before and im very interested in the conservation side of Wildlife. I wrote down things I could research and write about cause im very good at and love research and writeing just like I love drawing. im going to be going to things like farms and rivers to research, learn and write up a report on it is my own idea that I came up with and this is one of those places so I took lots of pictures of what I saw on the way there aswell as at the beach itself  

the sat nav got the person who drove me abit lost then when she found that she knew where she is but found no where to go

and she thought I wanted to go to a pond when it was actualy a river I corrected her and said no its a river and its a beach

thats where im going. unfortunatly I didnt know the name of the beach but I had a map on my device and had to improvise and say the name of a bay  and say put it in cause thats where it is risking the possibility of being wrong but from scanning it knowing the probability to be higher rather than lower that it is hence my deceiton. this another one of those situations I have to put what im good at to good use cause they can be helpful to others. when we got there I saw a sign that said to be careful of the mud and we could hear the sea nearby and could see it so we knew we were there it was just fining it but judgeing by the noise, view and trail it were to lead us to the beach and from the looks of the path no other way but there. a man asked me if im ok and I said yes just looking for how to get to the beach and he pointed and said what there and said yes if you carry on down there is some steps that go onto the beach and I said thanks. as soon as we got there the man started talking to us again and said there is also some ships. on the other side we said thanks then he pointed out this fella iv taken a picture of. he said that for some reason theres a boat thing here whatever it is and its not suposed to be there and said hes going to report it to the council. he was still rambling on abit but i took a picture of it and then he muttered something that comfused me like mental and muttered it shouldnt do much damage after complaining about why it shouldnt be there. and I said ok then well thats that im just going to go to the beach. ok. 

and went down the stairs 

to the beach. I got a shock cause I didnt know what type of beach it was going to be it was like going from grass and ground to a suddenly completey different terrain altogether out of nowhere it was a combination of sandy, muddy, stoney, sandy and grassy and flat. there was lots of seaweed which is a type of  algae 

this one is completely dried up but is one of the very first ones I saw 

as I walked across the stones I spotted something that shouldnt be there. thanfuly there wasnt another one of these but it isnt good for the wildlife particularly when the sea comes in which on this beach covers the whole part hence the muddiness which could afect the wildlife. I didnt see any bins on the beach but still. 

these are the rocks i was on about just to clarify there are also low cliffs here. 

there was lots of interesting plants 

I also spotted some gulls they were black headed gulls. 

the gulls in summer plummage also called breeding plummage  have completely black heads but late summer to  Autumn they lose alot of the black but it doesnt disapear completely they have black round smudges on there face 

they are also our smallest gull out of the herring gull, lesser black backed gull and greater black backed gull

but they are very agile and are one of the few where play behaviour has been recorded there favourate ggame 

is catch the leaf. where they entertain themselfs by  drop a leaf and then going to catch it but for these ones  they are just 

chilling out as a flock and going for a swim

as you might notice there was lots and lots of seaweed in one place 

I noticed that the water was very murky looking. 

there was lots of waves 

with patches of grass and other plants 

some parts of the ground on the beach were so soft some parts of it had cracks 

after this I decided to look at the grassy area and there was lots of plants in fact i saw a few 

pollinators. 

after that it was time to go back. I was actualy meant to have lunch at some point when I was there 

but I was so preocupied with my speacial interest that is of course part of my autism that I didnt think about food 

or get hungry and completely missed lunch. but when we left I had it in the car on the way back.

• thats interesting 

• There is a species of Deep Sea Red Crab which are a deep-water species found near the Faroe Islands and Shetland. 

They can even be found in water depths from 400 to 2000 metres.

Up to 155 mm may be the width of their carapace.

(Chaceon (Geryon) affinis).

• I had only ever seen them out of the water until I did crabbing for the first time a few years ago. even though they can be seen out of water I had only seen a crab out of the water once until I went crabbing and I hadnt seen a crab under water until I went crabbing.  it was only when I went on holiday to Spain this year that I saw them both on land and under water. it was usualy in the shallow waters up until before it starts to get deep. but the deep end was really really far far out cause it was a shallow beach where it is mainly shallow. that doesnt mean the whole area is shallow enough your feet stay on the ground  the whole way. it depends on how far you walk..  it is deep enough for diving and swimming but both shallow and deep enough for  snorkeling aswell. and this is the area when crabs are found. I dont know if they can be found in the deep end where the water goes up to your head cause I didnt go as far as that but I do know they are common under water its just that people never notice them. hermit crabs for instance can be found on the bottom on the sand under the water but can also be found on rocky bottoms under water. this is my second time iv seen crabs under water but at Dorset instead of a different country.  

• they are very interesting. I forgot to add that I saw  moss aswell. one species I saw was Leucobryum -pin cusion moss 

• lots of species of lichen

It is always a good sign to see lichen when you visit somewhere; as they are very sensitive to the healthy quality of their environment.

• It's great that the water was so clear. I think that I have only ever seen crabs out of the water.

• if you have a mobile phone the pictures will apear far smaller than they actualy are. but if you rotate your device sideways so that its in landscape mode the photos will apear alot bigger like they would on a i pad. 

• I drew this of the beach part of my trip. this is of when  i saw the crabs under water on Saturday the day before I went to the nature reserve and  I drew this on the way back from the purbek heaths nature reserve also called blue pool island nature reserve on Sunday 

the crabs under water 

• I have finsihed off my post of the holiday to Dorset.  Iv added more writeing and the rest of the labels 

• thanks. as for the bridge thats what I meant to put. thanks for pointing it out