My Wildlife holidays.

Iv decided to do a forum on my wildlife holidays where I can tell you about my holiday rather than just sending pictures 

cause iv been on lots of them this year rather than only sending photos. also proper  trips il tell you about and add photos to go with it on this post aswell.  cause it will be easyer and better for me but is also  for holidays cause im going on lots of holidays this year and it deserves its own thread in this sense. 

my first holiday I went on this year was Wales. I went to Snowdonia near the national park 

we saw a lamma and a  pony

with  the view we got from the cottage we stayed in was of the sea 

Jackdaws perched on the buildings when we watched tv we went for a walk and I got great pictures of the moutains 

you could see them on the beach outline at the beach the waves I saw a literally called gray heron fly past 

the waves crashed against the rocks and became fully submerged until they broke and forced its way over.  my long lens saved my life by getting me up close enough to photograph the waders and I saw Great crested grebes.

back at the cottage herring gulls at Jackdaws

the next day we went to the waterfalls I saw yellow gorse.

the water level was high but not flooded. it was a adventure and the gorse made it look colourful

it was massive then we went down the mountain the next day we went to the sea again and I saw a cormerent. there was lots of bladder wrack which is a type of seaweed. 

seaweed are actualy a type of algae. some can surve out the water for a certain period of time. others dont survive as well it depends on the type cause theres different types of seaweed. 

this one is normaly mistake for seaweed but is actualy a type of animal instead 

in July 

im very used to wildlife watching in the uk and while I have been to menorca I havnt wildlife watched there cause I didnt have an interest in Wildlife then so this was my first time wildlife watching in a different country. 

I allways have to wear ear defenders when i go to the air port but they had disability asistance. I had to improvise cause the person that supports me that went with me hasnt gone on holiday with me before and didnt know what to say or do with my sensory challanges at the airport. the person that was with me said she thinks il be fine but I knew cause of my autism cant deal with crowds so I said I have autism and I dont like crowds so would it be ok to go where its less busy or quiter and so she took me through. there was a point where we wernt sure if I had to take my ear defenders off at the part where you have to walk through and them see if you got metal on you so I asked the lady there if I could keep them on and she went off to ask the person behind the thing you have to walk through. I was very anxious at this point. it was time to put our items on the coveyerbelt and walk through the metal thing. The person with me for the holiday and me still didnt know so I was panicing inside and i was told to take them off by the person taking me which i was reluctant to do but the plaine lady came over and thumbed up us saying not to take them off and that  i can keep them on and we went through. the flight was delayed by an hour. but it was no ones fault cause they had to help somone who couldnt walk onto the plane. so we walked and stopped every 5 minutes so people were joking about that and inpatient at the same time. eventually we got on though at last. I filmed the take off and we went over the bay of biscay on the way to Tenerife 

when landing I saw mount tede from above the clouds.

the next day I saw a canarian chiffchaff 

and I saw a Spanish sparrow for the first time. they were breeding at the hotel.

but one of my biggest highlights was snorkeling for the very first time

and the dolphins which i got to see for the very first time

and mount tede a active volcano with many species only found on that mountain I saw crystal on a rock 

that was the last day. the next day we went on a trip but when it came to packing bags for the trip. I put my bag with the plastic bag on it ontop of my suitcase then gave it to her with the plastic bag on it but took it off and thought that she was going to put the bag in cause it didnt only have my stuff in the bag and as far as I knew the plastic bag was in the boot but at some point in the journey I wondered where the bag was and thought it might be in the boot cause i couldnt see it in the back. we checked the boot and it wasnt there. 

my ear defenders got left behind which was problomatic cause the person with me wasnt willing to go back and get the ear defenders and  soon we had to go to the air port. I was highly anxious and I found it diffucult getting her to understand the why it is important enough that we do have to go back anf get them we bought some silenceing headphones as an emergancy cause otherwise I wouldnt of been able to get on the plane. we went through disability asisstance. the plane was delayed by a couple of hours and we wernt able to get on until midnight. a teenager had a go in a wheelchair and a little boy was going up and down a slope behind me which i found acted as visual stimulation and made my anxiety worse. it isnt thetre fault its just cause im autistic but thanfuly things did cam down and at 12 o'clock we  lined up and got on the plane and came back to the uk by 4 or 5 oclock in the morning. 

Parents
  • im Anxious about tomarow and this week in general.  someone is over eager and thinking i want to get my sport and journalism thing sorted out all in one week it doesnt sound like much but with me if too many things happen at once then I get overwhelmed and  I also have the meeting on Wednesday to think about  aswell as my sports club and journalism course and its abit much for me all at once since its only my first week back from holiday and I need to settle into my routine again also then im hoping to have a relaxed week rather than eventful so im unable to concentrate on anything except these things but that so Im struggling to think of my holiday which I was doing origionaly before all this came up offline yesterday afternoon. idealy under my current circunstances  I need to be in a relaxed state rather than anxious state to write and post the photos of my holiday. i would if I was able to focus on it properly but im struggling to focus on it 

its not the holiday post  thats overwhelming me in fact the holiday thing isnt an amxious thing and i enjoy it and  im not  rushing or anything either. im just struggling to concentrate on it cause of a persons over eagerness overwhelming me with too many things at once. 

• I understand this feeling too (and others here do as well, I reckon) I can only really think about one thing at a time. This isn't just tasks, but also new things in the future (like preparing for an event). It does sound like a tough week for you (I did read your social worker / mum post last night before going to sleep). I would be extremely anxious with it all happening at the same time too.

Hopefully when one of these things is done, the others will seem a little easier.

You got some great photos. I particularly liked the upside down bird clinging on to the underside of the branch.

You have a picture of cabins by the water. Is one of those your cabin? 

Edit: I also love the bug hotel. It is so much bigger than mine!

• yes the thing is though that when i come back from holiday I have to settle back into the normal routine again and if I have to think about other things or events take place that same week  it interupts the process of settling back into my routine again and it takes me a week to fully settle back into my routine again and so if I dont settle ib to my routine smoothly it delays fully settling in properly  by another week which can cause probloms . 

so for me its best not to have things going on the first  week i come back it takes time for me to process things and I know my limits. if events ocur all at once in a short time frame even if i do it one at a time things  tend to go horribly wrong one way or another. its not just the processing of infomation before events ocur but also what events have happened after the events  my brain processes aswell  

starting both the sports club and journalism course next week even if the person did sort it out this week woukd be overwhelming cause it will afect my normal routine that i will of only just settled back into at least (hopefuly) and then settling in is pointless cause I will end up haveing to re adjust to a different routine and cause im transgebder I dont want the club knowing my biological sex only my gender identity and they have to know your biological sex for the club

I found out the person thats doing it for me aparantly asumed I didnt want to do it anymore cause I mentioned the journalism thing even though i actualy wanted to do both and not one at the exspense of the other 

so she is going to be printing a form to send all over again today and that requires giving them your biological sex which was already very uncomfortable to do  the first time around 

and then of course theres all the teams being split into male and female and then I also know they have gun to produce a sound and let people know when its time to race and I cant stand guns cause of my hyper sensitive hearing and my ear defenders dont block out all sound frequences only certain ones even loud noises dont allways get blocked out deoending on what it is  and there will be lots of people aswell

even though I want to do the club it doesnt mean that It should be sorted out this week even though iv been waiting for it to get sorted for a couple of months  for instance cause I get overwhelmed easily its best to do it when iv settled in same with the the journalism thing. its meant to be flexable so I cam do it when i want which means i can go out aswell as also do the course

but the person whos sorting out has a different idea entirely on everything abd has got the wrong idea in correctly  asuming the reason Iv chosen an online course that is flexable is instead so that i dont go out and only do the course when the oposite is true 

so there thinking too much into it  and not letting me just get on with and  it defeats the whole purpose of doing it 

if too many things happen at once in one week then im then unable to do the other even after iv done one cause its only after iv done each one my brain gradualy procesess what has ocured what it entiles and what is happening next now after the events and depending on how many they are and how big each one is for me then I dont allways sucessfuly process everything that happened that week 

it all becomes a big jumble and after everything is said and done i end up more overwhelmed than when i started 

as for the upside down bird the bird waa actualy literaly climbing up in that way it is called a treecreeper

if your refering to the photos below the pond there is at the forest retreat we went for a walk there the big pond though is the one that the cabin is on but not at the part of the pond where the retreat is. 

• the sports person and the person sorting out the sports club are two diferent people. so the one sorting out the form with me and the one the form being sent to are two different people. me and the person alreaady sorted out a form a couple of months ago. the form needed both my legal name and my biological sex and it didnt say anywhere what are your pronouns or gender identity or any gender identity options on the form or anything like that it was literaly just what is your legal  name and biological sex which was very uncomfortable for me.

for me i operate on I dont either want or not want something unless i say that to be the case cause people have a fustraiting tendancy to  try to read my mind rather than ask questions and so jump to lots of conclusions and form many asumptions  that have never been said by me personaly and i get it alot. 

I dont  exspect people to know that i dont want to do a club or whatever it is i desire to do if i dont  without telling them eventualy  but with the person sorting the form out shes on a different level and trys to read things that havnt been verbalised to her or said as is so i made it clear what i want to do 

the person sorting out the sports club knows iv been looking into lots of clubs and looking for some i want to do and i let her know some of them but that the sports club thing is one of the ones i want to do 

i was told she would let me know if they get back to me so i waited. there was no response for about 1 to 2 months so when i next saw her she said shes going to get back to them and ask what is going on 

and that she will let me know if they get back to her so I waited August and September and I thought while im waiting for the sport thing to be sorted il sort out the journalism course i also want to do and cause its flexable i can do it whenver which means i can carry on as i usualy do day to day and go out but also do the course aswell then it wont disturb my routine that is the idea i came up with for the course and one of the reasons it would be better than doing it at a college.  the idea is there is no set day or time so i can do it whenever so it wont get in the way of going out. but the lady sorting that and the sports club out got the wrong idea and thought it was cause i just want to do the course all day so said she will only sort the journalism thing out if there is set days which defeats the objject of why im doing it 

eventualy i will need to for the journalism course but in order to go into college i need to do this course and then do GCSEs afterwards and get a certain score so that i can get into the college and do a course proper. 

I wasnt able to do GCSEs as a child at school or college cause they were too diffucult due to my autism and learning disability but i had to find out what grades i got so me and Mum looked and aparantly i passed  an entry level 2 in englsh and maths and passed  entry level 3 in science. 

Mum says i cant do GCSEs cause im autistic and have a learning disability. i responded and said just cause you have autism and learning disability doesnt mean you cant do GCSEs and i have a hard time thinking theres no one out there with autism and learning disabilitys who has done GCSEs

i made it clear i really do want to do it to get into the college and by the end of the day after a long discussion they said to start from the begining and work my way up rather than saying yes or no. 

but an entry level isnt going to get me into the college and i will need to get grades in english and maths or literature in a course for the college i want to do the journalism course at. but i found out that i would need to do an introductery course in journalism before i can even go onto the next step which will be a course acredited by the nctj and the college i want to go to is already acredited by it so GCSEs and  college will be the step after 

after i did enough research on the journalism thing i let the lady sorting my sports club out know and fustraitingly i had a bad foot at the time so going to the club was no until it was better and I exsplained to her due to my bad foot i wouldnt be allowed cause if you have an injury you have to sit it out and you arnt fit to train so wont be able to do it until my foot is better when its better 

as for the journalism thing 

the idea is there is no set day or time so i can do it whenever so it wont get in the way of going out. but the lady sorting that and the sports club out got the wrong idea and thought it was cause i just want to do the course all day so said she will only sort the journalism thing out if there is set days which defeats the objject of why im doing it and not going to college 

and since she didnt get back to me about the sports club i continued waiting and looking into the journalism course and she went to sort it out. then at the end of last month I kept being asked if i still wanted to do the sports club and i replyed yes I was in the car then when someone told me they asumed i didnt want to do the sports club anymore and i responded no not unless i say I dont want to otherwise so i was told to let the person know that is sorting out the sports club cause she thinks that she asumes i dont want to do it anymore cause of the journalism 

so yesterday i asked about the sports club and if they came back and i was told by her i thought you didnt want to do it anymore cause of the journalism and I said no not unless I say so. and not unless i say i am or im not. 

and she said ok we will have to do the form again cause i told them you changed your mind. so we will do it on Tuesday. but that will mean me having to put my legal name and biological sex all over again 

and then i still dont know where they stand with transgender rights and they split male and female teams up. 

the journalism thing she still doesnt understand about the idea of it and that its not for the reason she thinks and still wants to know if i still want to do it even though i do and so said i do yesterday.

I didnt want to sort out the sports thing or journalism thing out this week cause of the meeting and it will be overwhelming and so i found it really diffucult trying to get the words out and I was too slow to respond cause i was very nervous so just as the first few words slowly started coming out in a both stumbling and stuttering or stammering fashion tto  start the converstaion of in a way to make it easy for me to leaad on to the question to not do it this week due tto struggling to form a full  sentencce without long pauses and stutering  i got interupted and that is where she asked about the journalism thing. she said we will sort everything out on Tuesday altogether so i said can we sort the journalism thing out  on Thursday instead not on Tuesday but she couldnt do thursday so i said if not thursday then friday and she said friday I had to  improvise  cause she was leaving before she left though and didnt have enough time to take my time due to mu nerves and try and tell her and  i couldnt process everything what is said and how i should respond best and when on the spot at the time. i dont make well thought out decitions and choose what the best thing to say and do is and the way to respond effectively under pressure. by the time i realised what iv done and what the consquences of improvising was and not being able to give myself the time to tell her not to sort it out this week she had already left. 

for the bug hotel  i thought you meant cabin cause you asked about the cabin so i got what you said mixed up

that was the part i was responding to 

the bug hotel is at the forest retreat where people park there cars and theres a gift shop and cafe but it is near to the pond 

• I understand. I have never been able to put this into words before, but I am exactly the same. Like you say, even afterwards being more overwhelmed.

It's a shame the organiser didn't understand fully. If I may say one thing in their defence - (I don't know these things and they are just random guesses) - but there may be factors like the sports only being open for registration at certain times of the year, or the course enrolment only happening once a year, and they are trying to get it done so that there isn't a super long wait before the next possible time. Like I say, I don't actually know, just that they may have their reasons.

I meant bug hotel, not big hotel before - I've corrected this. Mine is tiny - but it is fully booked!

• I understand. I have never been able to put this into words before, but I am exactly the same. Like you say, even afterwards being more overwhelmed.

It's a shame the organiser didn't understand fully. If I may say one thing in their defence - (I don't know these things and they are just random guesses) - but there may be factors like the sports only being open for registration at certain times of the year, or the course enrolment only happening once a year, and they are trying to get it done so that there isn't a super long wait before the next possible time. Like I say, I don't actually know, just that they may have their reasons.

I meant bug hotel, not big hotel before - I've corrected this. Mine is tiny - but it is fully booked!

Children
  • the sports person and the person sorting out the sports club are two diferent people. so the one sorting out the form with me and the one the form being sent to are two different people. me and the person alreaady sorted out a form a couple of months ago. the form needed both my legal name and my biological sex and it didnt say anywhere what are your pronouns or gender identity or any gender identity options on the form or anything like that it was literaly just what is your legal  name and biological sex which was very uncomfortable for me.

for me i operate on I dont either want or not want something unless i say that to be the case cause people have a fustraiting tendancy to  try to read my mind rather than ask questions and so jump to lots of conclusions and form many asumptions  that have never been said by me personaly and i get it alot. 

I dont  exspect people to know that i dont want to do a club or whatever it is i desire to do if i dont  without telling them eventualy  but with the person sorting the form out shes on a different level and trys to read things that havnt been verbalised to her or said as is so i made it clear what i want to do 

the person sorting out the sports club knows iv been looking into lots of clubs and looking for some i want to do and i let her know some of them but that the sports club thing is one of the ones i want to do 

i was told she would let me know if they get back to me so i waited. there was no response for about 1 to 2 months so when i next saw her she said shes going to get back to them and ask what is going on 

and that she will let me know if they get back to her so I waited August and September and I thought while im waiting for the sport thing to be sorted il sort out the journalism course i also want to do and cause its flexable i can do it whenver which means i can carry on as i usualy do day to day and go out but also do the course aswell then it wont disturb my routine that is the idea i came up with for the course and one of the reasons it would be better than doing it at a college.  the idea is there is no set day or time so i can do it whenever so it wont get in the way of going out. but the lady sorting that and the sports club out got the wrong idea and thought it was cause i just want to do the course all day so said she will only sort the journalism thing out if there is set days which defeats the objject of why im doing it 

eventualy i will need to for the journalism course but in order to go into college i need to do this course and then do GCSEs afterwards and get a certain score so that i can get into the college and do a course proper. 

I wasnt able to do GCSEs as a child at school or college cause they were too diffucult due to my autism and learning disability but i had to find out what grades i got so me and Mum looked and aparantly i passed  an entry level 2 in englsh and maths and passed  entry level 3 in science. 

Mum says i cant do GCSEs cause im autistic and have a learning disability. i responded and said just cause you have autism and learning disability doesnt mean you cant do GCSEs and i have a hard time thinking theres no one out there with autism and learning disabilitys who has done GCSEs

i made it clear i really do want to do it to get into the college and by the end of the day after a long discussion they said to start from the begining and work my way up rather than saying yes or no. 

but an entry level isnt going to get me into the college and i will need to get grades in english and maths or literature in a course for the college i want to do the journalism course at. but i found out that i would need to do an introductery course in journalism before i can even go onto the next step which will be a course acredited by the nctj and the college i want to go to is already acredited by it so GCSEs and  college will be the step after 

after i did enough research on the journalism thing i let the lady sorting my sports club out know and fustraitingly i had a bad foot at the time so going to the club was no until it was better and I exsplained to her due to my bad foot i wouldnt be allowed cause if you have an injury you have to sit it out and you arnt fit to train so wont be able to do it until my foot is better when its better 

as for the journalism thing 

the idea is there is no set day or time so i can do it whenever so it wont get in the way of going out. but the lady sorting that and the sports club out got the wrong idea and thought it was cause i just want to do the course all day so said she will only sort the journalism thing out if there is set days which defeats the objject of why im doing it and not going to college 

and since she didnt get back to me about the sports club i continued waiting and looking into the journalism course and she went to sort it out. then at the end of last month I kept being asked if i still wanted to do the sports club and i replyed yes I was in the car then when someone told me they asumed i didnt want to do the sports club anymore and i responded no not unless i say I dont want to otherwise so i was told to let the person know that is sorting out the sports club cause she thinks that she asumes i dont want to do it anymore cause of the journalism 

so yesterday i asked about the sports club and if they came back and i was told by her i thought you didnt want to do it anymore cause of the journalism and I said no not unless I say so. and not unless i say i am or im not. 

and she said ok we will have to do the form again cause i told them you changed your mind. so we will do it on Tuesday. but that will mean me having to put my legal name and biological sex all over again 

and then i still dont know where they stand with transgender rights and they split male and female teams up. 

the journalism thing she still doesnt understand about the idea of it and that its not for the reason she thinks and still wants to know if i still want to do it even though i do and so said i do yesterday.

I didnt want to sort out the sports thing or journalism thing out this week cause of the meeting and it will be overwhelming and so i found it really diffucult trying to get the words out and I was too slow to respond cause i was very nervous so just as the first few words slowly started coming out in a both stumbling and stuttering or stammering fashion tto  start the converstaion of in a way to make it easy for me to leaad on to the question to not do it this week due tto struggling to form a full  sentencce without long pauses and stutering  i got interupted and that is where she asked about the journalism thing. she said we will sort everything out on Tuesday altogether so i said can we sort the journalism thing out  on Thursday instead not on Tuesday but she couldnt do thursday so i said if not thursday then friday and she said friday I had to  improvise  cause she was leaving before she left though and didnt have enough time to take my time due to mu nerves and try and tell her and  i couldnt process everything what is said and how i should respond best and when on the spot at the time. i dont make well thought out decitions and choose what the best thing to say and do is and the way to respond effectively under pressure. by the time i realised what iv done and what the consquences of improvising was and not being able to give myself the time to tell her not to sort it out this week she had already left. 

for the bug hotel  i thought you meant cabin cause you asked about the cabin so i got what you said mixed up

that was the part i was responding to 

the bug hotel is at the forest retreat where people park there cars and theres a gift shop and cafe but it is near to the pond