My Wildlife holidays.

Iv decided to do a forum on my wildlife holidays where I can tell you about my holiday rather than just sending pictures 

cause iv been on lots of them this year rather than only sending photos. also proper  trips il tell you about and add photos to go with it on this post aswell.  cause it will be easyer and better for me but is also  for holidays cause im going on lots of holidays this year and it deserves its own thread in this sense. 

my first holiday I went on this year was Wales. I went to Snowdonia near the national park 

we saw a lamma and a  pony

with  the view we got from the cottage we stayed in was of the sea 

Jackdaws perched on the buildings when we watched tv we went for a walk and I got great pictures of the moutains 

you could see them on the beach outline at the beach the waves I saw a literally called gray heron fly past 

the waves crashed against the rocks and became fully submerged until they broke and forced its way over.  my long lens saved my life by getting me up close enough to photograph the waders and I saw Great crested grebes.

back at the cottage herring gulls at Jackdaws

the next day we went to the waterfalls I saw yellow gorse.

the water level was high but not flooded. it was a adventure and the gorse made it look colourful

it was massive then we went down the mountain the next day we went to the sea again and I saw a cormerent. there was lots of bladder wrack which is a type of seaweed. 

seaweed are actualy a type of algae. some can surve out the water for a certain period of time. others dont survive as well it depends on the type cause theres different types of seaweed. 

this one is normaly mistake for seaweed but is actualy a type of animal instead 

in July 

im very used to wildlife watching in the uk and while I have been to menorca I havnt wildlife watched there cause I didnt have an interest in Wildlife then so this was my first time wildlife watching in a different country. 

I allways have to wear ear defenders when i go to the air port but they had disability asistance. I had to improvise cause the person that supports me that went with me hasnt gone on holiday with me before and didnt know what to say or do with my sensory challanges at the airport. the person that was with me said she thinks il be fine but I knew cause of my autism cant deal with crowds so I said I have autism and I dont like crowds so would it be ok to go where its less busy or quiter and so she took me through. there was a point where we wernt sure if I had to take my ear defenders off at the part where you have to walk through and them see if you got metal on you so I asked the lady there if I could keep them on and she went off to ask the person behind the thing you have to walk through. I was very anxious at this point. it was time to put our items on the coveyerbelt and walk through the metal thing. The person with me for the holiday and me still didnt know so I was panicing inside and i was told to take them off by the person taking me which i was reluctant to do but the plaine lady came over and thumbed up us saying not to take them off and that  i can keep them on and we went through. the flight was delayed by an hour. but it was no ones fault cause they had to help somone who couldnt walk onto the plane. so we walked and stopped every 5 minutes so people were joking about that and inpatient at the same time. eventually we got on though at last. I filmed the take off and we went over the bay of biscay on the way to Tenerife 

when landing I saw mount tede from above the clouds.

the next day I saw a canarian chiffchaff 

and I saw a Spanish sparrow for the first time. they were breeding at the hotel.

but one of my biggest highlights was snorkeling for the very first time

and the dolphins which i got to see for the very first time

and mount tede a active volcano with many species only found on that mountain I saw crystal on a rock 

that was the last day. the next day we went on a trip but when it came to packing bags for the trip. I put my bag with the plastic bag on it ontop of my suitcase then gave it to her with the plastic bag on it but took it off and thought that she was going to put the bag in cause it didnt only have my stuff in the bag and as far as I knew the plastic bag was in the boot but at some point in the journey I wondered where the bag was and thought it might be in the boot cause i couldnt see it in the back. we checked the boot and it wasnt there. 

my ear defenders got left behind which was problomatic cause the person with me wasnt willing to go back and get the ear defenders and  soon we had to go to the air port. I was highly anxious and I found it diffucult getting her to understand the why it is important enough that we do have to go back anf get them we bought some silenceing headphones as an emergancy cause otherwise I wouldnt of been able to get on the plane. we went through disability asisstance. the plane was delayed by a couple of hours and we wernt able to get on until midnight. a teenager had a go in a wheelchair and a little boy was going up and down a slope behind me which i found acted as visual stimulation and made my anxiety worse. it isnt thetre fault its just cause im autistic but thanfuly things did cam down and at 12 o'clock we  lined up and got on the plane and came back to the uk by 4 or 5 oclock in the morning. 

Parents
  • cause i dont like leaving details out of storys something that i meant to add as part of the story my family did drive there.  I got dropped off and we got ready to leave when they got in the car to get the sat nav ready and Dad took forever cause his phone kept telling him the wrong amount of space on his phone and once room is made would then later tell him it is full when he hasnt added any exstra space which is the same problom i have with mine. for me though it has afected contact with my other family cause it wont install whats app due to the problom but for Dad its the sat nav and the data on it that its impacting causeing him fustration so Dad was very fustraited Mum said hers works and offered to do hers but Dad said no cause he has to do his and not hers cause he knows how to do it and kept trying to persuade him but he kept saying no cause he can only use his cause he doesnt know how it works even though Mum could help and do it instead we were sat in the car so long Mum got inpatient and said right im going to put this up here otherwise we are never going to get to the cabin by 2 and we will be late and was about to put it up  but Dad then got more fustraited and took it off then he eventualy got it working and put it up. Dad wasnt born with autism and nor has he been diagnosed however at that moment in fustration and dis belief she said in the middle of shaking her head and sighing you have autism and so  made it sound like autism is a negative thing even though it isnt  

I have heard Mum say things like your a little autistic to my brother or pretty much anybody including things like your a little ocd and i know that some neurotypicals can use terms related to disabilitys in ways that  can be misleading so im ususaly  very quick to  bring them up on it as i do if they  says things that I know to be are un acurate or misleading and it has been used for real in correctly on lots of ocasions which is why I do that so I  do have to put up with people in the house useing mis leading terms sometimes 

so I was very quick to bring her up on it when she said that  so I asked Mum why she said hes autistic and she said cause hes narrow minded and he cant think for himself he allways needs me to prompt him amoung other things and didnt say any traits she considers a  positive aswell as. 

I told her that haveing similar traits to autism like other disorders it doesnt nesacerilly mean you are born with it but  doesnt mean arnt born with it either anyone can be narrow minded amoung other traits that  you may or may not interpret, think  or view to be similar to autism

but she calls him all sorts of things including narsisistic theres no fixed name it can be absoloutly anything at all and there usualy all a wide  variety of names and terms related to those some that can be ofensive if put a certain way  but has also called him names not associated with disabilitys aswell though

shes not the only one that does this though and cause autism amoung others  do have  stigma attached  and phrases that can be used in a  misleading way   atached It does get my atention since she has a tendancy to do this and makes me very uncomfortable she doesnt undertsand how certain terms that can apear seemingly harmless can actualy turn out to  be steriotypes or even misleading terms so i try to get her to understand it she doesnt use them all the time though thankfuly.  that was a big bother before setting off but the rest of the drive evrything was fine. 

the drive took a couple of hours as previously but we did stop at service stations. ziggy was with me in the back  cause him and Alphie dont like being next to each other. auto correct corrected me and said bag but anyway I normaly see wildlife at service stations so i sometimes use my camara but we mainly stayed in the car. I was mainly eating or on my laptop or something I usualy have stuff to do on the journey as soon as we arived Mum told me it is on the water and that made me curious. we went inside and put our stuff down and i imedietly when outside and looked at the pond. 

now later I put my memory card in my laptop and guess what happend a bird apeared or a duck this happened every day in a very timely way as if they knew when i was going to put my memory card in my laptop so i literaly kept having to take it out, take pictures and put it back in. I did get a breack at one point and succesfuly transfer the photos from that day though.

I also went for a walk with the dogs and then went somewhere else but that is in the next part 

• It is good that you are educating your family about correct use of terms and how sometimes they can be hurtful if always negative. Is he your biological father? I think your mum was just frustrated be she knew a way to solve the problem and she was worried about the time. It was probably difficult for her too.

Memory on phone and cards can be such a pain when it's running out. I'm glad that the sat nav eventually worked and that you got there. Many years ago when I used to use a proper camera (an early digital one), I had so many memory cards because they couldn't hold as much.

What a surprise to be on the water! Did you get a picture that shows how your accommodation was positioned? I can't picture it in my mind.

I knew that your family had other dogs. Was Wilbur not with you this time?

• yes I dont know when she will understand though or if she ever will or not cause iv been doing that for more than a few years now. unfortunatly she doesnt have autism support  groups or any other  autistic people like me to help her understand things just me. ever since i was younger shes allways only ever reached. out to people who are parents of people that arnt born with autism. the only parent she ever knew that had someone with autism she used to keep in touch with was a parent of someone called Rickie but she only spoke to the parents while i went off with there son. he had aspergers but also a speech disorder and behavior probloms. its the behavior problom bit there parents struggled with mainly. for me I dont have behavior probloms but due to my autism and learning disability Mum used to have probloms with me in shops or public places cause I got anxious or overwhelmed and I would either go quiet and not respond or the anxiety and my raiseing my voice un intentionaly and un awarely  in atempts to try and be understood due to whats causeing my anxiety and i struggle with exspressing my feellings in a way they can be understood when it comes to my autism and given i was only a child and i wasnt told i have autism until i was 10 i was very comfused and even after i was told the struggles remained and didnt get better if anything the struggle me and my family have when my autism came into play actualy  got worse as i got older rather than better particularly when i was in my mid to late teens but no one really helped not even my secondary school and college that was for people with autism and disabilitys. 

when at school  i would struggle and the anxietys from school would be brought over to my home life where any anxietys i had were like adding anxietys from both school and homelife were being added one ontop of the other. at school i had assembaly,  weather to work in class or outside of it, certain lessons i didnt know would be noisy the ones i got overwhelmed in were music and dance or parachuting amoung other school stresses so the sensory and other challanges of both were like building a sanswhich.

at home the main challanges  was doing certain things as a family coming across noisy restraunts without knowing they were noisy until visited or not knowing if a place is noisy or not until we get there. also a problom with other public settings. , crowded places,  changes, or undertsanding certain things  etc being diffucult cause of my autism caused her to incorrectly label it as a tantrum cause she doesnt know the right term and so would treat it as such i therefore got punishments and consequences for these autistic behaviors sometimes due to her losing her patiance  even though i didnt understand and wasnt naughty she also gets really stressed cause even though I usualy talk normaly I dont understand whats apropriate and whats not in a public place. if im talking about a special interest I may suddenly raise my voice and have no control over it and regulating my voice bringing it down a level can be close to impossible for me at times I  find it diffucult to lower it exsoecialy while simulataneously trying to focus on the priority of what im communicating and what they are at the same tome.

Mum often doesnt make me aware if iv acidently raised my voice but when she remebers she does even if Mum tells me to keep my voice down though theres the challange of regulation and  it can take a long time to regulate to a certain level they deem aproriate for the present place and situation and i dont allways understand either so she easily looses her cool with it and labels it things due to fustration. 

I dont like raising my voice and am quiet a quiet person so i dont raise my voice on purpose nor am I usualy aware when and if i ever do cause it feells normal given how i feell or how i think andso when struggling to regulate my voice when my autism comes in  is eassily taken the wrong way in certain contexts. she knows that it is part of my autism and even told me and exsplained it to me when i was younger that its  part of my autism which is why it happens cause i didnt used to understand it and my research on autism has also supported the fact that it can be part of autism.  

i could be happy or exited or any emotion at all but exspecialy when im passionate or trying to get a point across or feell strongly itd exspecialy diffucult,  ontop of that i sometimes use the in correct tone to how im actualy feelling also i might be say just passionate but cause i have allways had a naturaly deep voice and iv found it became deeper when i was a teenager  it comes out as if im angry and im unable to change my tone if i speak and comes out depper cause thats just the way i am and with a raised voice im not aware of along with it but then theres regulation cause its part of my autism.  it gets taken as an arguement or as something negative. then getting them to understand your not is notoriously diffucult and can be like talking to a brick wall. not that i have spoken to a brick wall but you know what i mean.  when im anxious my tone can also be in correct so my tone of voice doesnt allways congruent with the emotion im feelling in the moment  sometimes and my exspression doesnt allways match my tone of voice  either but i dont have any control over if or when that ocurs either and even i dont know then my body language isnt allways congruent either My Mum uses my apaerance to support her asumption of how im feelling along with the tone of voice im useing even though none of it is congruent with what i think and  how i feell inside. My Mum sometimes gets my autism and learning disability mixed up cause i have both and they both come into play so i sometimes have to remind her what is my autism and what is not its not just terms that come out due to frustraition that i have to bring them up on at times. 

an interesting thing about my autism that can cause people to mis interpret and how i speak and act is also that it might be a certain facial exspression and  body language iv llearned from a favourate character that iv learned to  associate with a particular emotion from my childhood and teenage years or even recently  due to not understanding what it means  regardless of weather it is or not for instance cause i copy my favourate characters how they speak and what they say and there body language and implement it into sociial interaction i have offline when im with people but it happens on a sub concious level. this is also part of my autism its a way of naviagtiing life and social interactions with others. 

all these things are part of the way i am. when it comes to raising voices if  I raise my voice or sound a particular way or look a particular way and how i respond to her or anything that she likes to call challnageing to deal with she gets advice for these things from the in correct people which means she doesnt know how to deal with me when it comes to these things and so when she reaches a certain point she  turns  to people who dont know how to deal with autism like my aunty or uncle who has children who are non autistic or advice from Rickies parents that punish him for his behavior challanges who she is no longer in contact with. 

i think its mainly the fact she didnt have the right people to go to advice or the right people to educate her  is partialy why she still has certain ways of thinking that are not acurate about autism and only draws on old infomation or uses terms that could be misleading.  

the memory card was ok  and convenient its phones that can be an issue. 

to answer your question il tell you abit more about my family when i come back cause i need to o out quickly but i have both an english and greek family. 

• yes I dont know when she will understand though or if she ever will or not cause iv been doing that for more than a few years now. unfortunatly she doesnt have autism support  groups or any other  autistic people like me to help her understand things just me. ever since i was younger shes allways only ever reached. out to people who are parents of people that arnt born with autism. the only parent she ever knew that had someone with autism she used to keep in touch with was a parent of someone called Rickie but she only spoke to the parents while i went off with there son. he had aspergers but also a speech disorder and behavior probloms. its the behavior problom bit there parents struggled with mainly. for me I dont have behavior probloms but due to my autism and learning disability Mum used to have probloms with me in shops or public places cause I got anxious or overwhelmed and I would either go quiet and not respond or the anxiety and my raiseing my voice un intentionaly and un awarely  in atempts to try and be understood due to whats causeing my anxiety and i struggle with exspressing my feellings in a way they can be understood when it comes to my autism and given i was only a child and i wasnt told i have autism until i was 10 i was very comfused and even after i was told the struggles remained and didnt get better if anything the struggle me and my family have when my autism came into play actualy  got worse as i got older rather than better particularly when i was in my mid to late teens but no one really helped not even my secondary school and college that was for people with autism and disabilitys. 

when at school  i would struggle and the anxietys from school would be brought over to my home life where any anxietys i had were like adding anxietys from both school and homelife were being added one ontop of the other. at school i had assembaly,  weather to work in class or outside of it, certain lessons i didnt know would be noisy the ones i got overwhelmed in were music and dance or parachuting amoung other school stresses so the sensory and other challanges of both were like building a sanswhich.

at home the main challanges  was doing certain things as a family coming across noisy restraunts without knowing they were noisy until visited or not knowing if a place is noisy or not until we get there. also a problom with other public settings. , crowded places,  changes, or undertsanding certain things  etc being diffucult cause of my autism caused her to incorrectly label it as a tantrum cause she doesnt know the right term and so would treat it as such i therefore got punishments and consequences for these autistic behaviors sometimes due to her losing her patiance  even though i didnt understand and wasnt naughty she also gets really stressed cause even though I usualy talk normaly I dont understand whats apropriate and whats not in a public place. if im talking about a special interest I may suddenly raise my voice and have no control over it and regulating my voice bringing it down a level can be close to impossible for me at times I  find it diffucult to lower it exsoecialy while simulataneously trying to focus on the priority of what im communicating and what they are at the same tome.

Mum often doesnt make me aware if iv acidently raised my voice but when she remebers she does even if Mum tells me to keep my voice down though theres the challange of regulation and  it can take a long time to regulate to a certain level they deem aproriate for the present place and situation and i dont allways understand either so she easily looses her cool with it and labels it things due to fustration. 

I dont like raising my voice and am quiet a quiet person so i dont raise my voice on purpose nor am I usualy aware when and if i ever do cause it feells normal given how i feell or how i think andso when struggling to regulate my voice when my autism comes in  is eassily taken the wrong way in certain contexts. she knows that it is part of my autism and even told me and exsplained it to me when i was younger that its  part of my autism which is why it happens cause i didnt used to understand it and my research on autism has also supported the fact that it can be part of autism.  

i could be happy or exited or any emotion at all but exspecialy when im passionate or trying to get a point across or feell strongly itd exspecialy diffucult,  ontop of that i sometimes use the in correct tone to how im actualy feelling also i might be say just passionate but cause i have allways had a naturaly deep voice and iv found it became deeper when i was a teenager  it comes out as if im angry and im unable to change my tone if i speak and comes out depper cause thats just the way i am and with a raised voice im not aware of along with it but then theres regulation cause its part of my autism.  it gets taken as an arguement or as something negative. then getting them to understand your not is notoriously diffucult and can be like talking to a brick wall. not that i have spoken to a brick wall but you know what i mean.  when im anxious my tone can also be in correct so my tone of voice doesnt allways congruent with the emotion im feelling in the moment  sometimes and my exspression doesnt allways match my tone of voice  either but i dont have any control over if or when that ocurs either and even i dont know then my body language isnt allways congruent either My Mum uses my apaerance to support her asumption of how im feelling along with the tone of voice im useing even though none of it is congruent with what i think and  how i feell inside. My Mum sometimes gets my autism and learning disability mixed up cause i have both and they both come into play so i sometimes have to remind her what is my autism and what is not its not just terms that come out due to frustraition that i have to bring them up on at times. 

an interesting thing about my autism that can cause people to mis interpret and how i speak and act is also that it might be a certain facial exspression and  body language iv llearned from a favourate character that iv learned to  associate with a particular emotion from my childhood and teenage years or even recently  due to not understanding what it means  regardless of weather it is or not for instance cause i copy my favourate characters how they speak and what they say and there body language and implement it into sociial interaction i have offline when im with people but it happens on a sub concious level. this is also part of my autism its a way of naviagtiing life and social interactions with others. 

all these things are part of the way i am. when it comes to raising voices if  I raise my voice or sound a particular way or look a particular way and how i respond to her or anything that she likes to call challnageing to deal with she gets advice for these things from the in correct people which means she doesnt know how to deal with me when it comes to these things and so when she reaches a certain point she  turns  to people who dont know how to deal with autism like my aunty or uncle who has children who are non autistic or advice from Rickies parents that punish him for his behavior challanges who she is no longer in contact with. 

i think its mainly the fact she didnt have the right people to go to advice or the right people to educate her  is partialy why she still has certain ways of thinking that are not acurate about autism and only draws on old infomation or uses terms that could be misleading.  

the memory card was ok  and convenient its phones that can be an issue. 

to answer your question il tell you abit more about my family when i come back cause i need to o out quickly but i have both an english and greek family. 

Children
No Data