Autism is a 'trend'...?!

I have never been cool, and I never will be. So, to hear people claim that being autistic is a ‘trend’ is as laughable as it is offensive. I never wanted a label to be special. The autism label has opened a door to understanding how my brain works and who I am. I have no desire to be cool, and plenty of desire for knowledge and acceptance. 

Autistic Not Alien:  'It's cool to be autistic...' WHAT?![edited by moderator]

Parents
  • Like with most things in life, most people will not change their attitudes and behaviour unless they are forced to, by force of law, by sets of draconian laws and even better if these are made part of the criminal law and are made arrestable and criminal offences - the only way to deal with discrimination and prejudice is to develop a zero tolerance and zero patience approach and mindset (I personally believe that bullying should be made a criminal offence and in the case of childhood bullying the parents should be arrested and prosecuted under the criminal law) - for far too long, the targets of such behaviour in truth have been made to suffer and have been punished for the offences of the offender, which is always at odds with the moral law - yet there is no point in having laws unless there is a firm and real commitment to the proper enforcement of these and unless offenders are swiftly brought to justice and punished most severely, in any civilised society 

• Like with most things in life, most people will not change their attitudes and behaviour unless they are forced to, by force of law, by sets of draconian laws and even better if these are made part of the criminal law and are made arrestable and criminal offences - the only way to deal with discrimination and prejudice is to develop a zero tolerance and zero patience approach and mindset (I personally believe that bullying should be made a criminal offence and in the case of childhood bullying the parents should be arrested and prosecuted under the criminal law) - for far too long, the targets of such behaviour in truth have been made to suffer and have been punished for the offences of the offender, which is always at odds with the moral law - yet there is no point in having laws unless there is a firm and real commitment to the proper enforcement of these and unless offenders are swiftly brought to justice and punished most severely, in any civilised society 

Children
No Data