Feelings

Does anyone else find it very hard to change how you are feeling. For instance annoyed, worried, angry. Does anyone else go over and over things that have happened and do loads of research into things that you are thinking of doing. Does anyone else get anxious if you need to make a decision. Does anyone else find this very exhausting 

Parents
  • I do go over and over things that have happened in the past. I try now when I catch myself doing it to find something else to think about or do, but it is hard. 

I also do loads of research about things I am going to do. I do find this helps when going places, especially if they are new.

I agree that it can be exhausting and sometimes wish I could do things without quite so much thought.

Having craft hobbies and being out in the natural world help me to switch my mind to positive things as does watching a good drama or comedy programme. 

• When I get into one of those horribly circular thought patterns that revolve around past acts, memories etc, I remind myself that I don't live there anymore.

I do research when I need to buy something new, but mostly I ask for personal recomendations, one of the things I like least about shopping these days is how few actual shops there are where you can go and look at things, feel them lie on them, sit on them, try them on, let alone find somebody sensible to talk to in a shop. I don't find looking online does it for me, I prefered an old fashioned catalogue.

• I agree with you regarding buying things. We had to replace our sofa during the pandemic period and chose it online via measurements. It's not the same as seeing in a shop especially for expensive items. Fortunately our research and measuring worked and the colour was ok. I agree too that it is helpful to speak to someone in a shop for advice and see and test things. I find the internet useful for seeing what I might find first. We once got so fed up with dripping teapots that we asked an assistant to show us a teapots pouring ability before purchasing. It was the best pourer we've had.

Regarding catalogues there is definitely something different about turning pages to look for things. 

• I agree with you regarding buying things. We had to replace our sofa during the pandemic period and chose it online via measurements. It's not the same as seeing in a shop especially for expensive items. Fortunately our research and measuring worked and the colour was ok. I agree too that it is helpful to speak to someone in a shop for advice and see and test things. I find the internet useful for seeing what I might find first. We once got so fed up with dripping teapots that we asked an assistant to show us a teapots pouring ability before purchasing. It was the best pourer we've had.

Regarding catalogues there is definitely something different about turning pages to look for things. 

Children
No Data