Innocently Gaslighted

What do you do when somebody says they don't know what autism , is and thinks its just some stupid made-up categorization , and you just need to WORK ON YOURSELF, you know, be more MOTIVATED, and you can CHANGE. You could of course, explain that it's genetic, a neurological condition, like tourrettes for e.g. But to the NT world it seems, in their eyes, you're just BEING AWKWARD AND LAZY.  It's pretty much unanimous In NT world. Its your fault you have CRAP SOCIAL SKILLS. And when you point out that instincts, and disposition are different, again, you're just making excuses AND NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH. totally invalidating your point. IS THIS GASLIGHTING?

What I'm saying is, i expect to be misunderstood. But it's very demoralizing, when you explains you have  'ASD' (or just plain autism)' and they give the the WHUH? FACE

Parents
  • Sometime i feel like i'm dealing with master chess players, and they're playing games with me non-stop. (especially if they are intelligent.) It could be my natural paranoia heightened by THC. Or it just be...NTs getting off on flexing their social superiority, flexing those mirror neurons and everything, you know Flexing their BS on me!

• Sometime i feel like i'm dealing with master chess players, and they're playing games with me non-stop. (especially if they are intelligent.) It could be my natural paranoia heightened by THC. Or it just be...NTs getting off on flexing their social superiority, flexing those mirror neurons and everything, you know Flexing their BS on me!

Children
No Data