BBC reporting of autism (was “Southport”)

I’m coming of my self imposed retirement just to post this because it makes me so angry. The BBC keep associating autism with violent criminals when it’s about as relevant as his skin colour or gender.

How do we get the NAS to campaign to stop this dreadful reporting?

Parents
  • I’m not sure why this happened this is a terrible horrendous crime! The man should be locked up for a long time. But I don’t think people rioting will help. Mosques have been put on high alert. I don’t think damaging mosques is good either. This country really sucks I truly hate it here. Why people can’t be nice to one another is deeply upsetting. With the far right and everything we’re just turning into a nazi state. Who are they going to come for next? This feels a bit like that time in nazi germany when they started going around trashing Jewish shops and beating Jews because they supposedly set a German building on fire. C’mon it’s time to change surely?

• The people doing the actual rioting are a very small number of extreme individuals.  Of course they are being egged on by social media figures and One or Two MP's. But remember they are  in no way the majority of the country. Most people look at them aghast.

• The people doing the actual rioting are a very small number of extreme individuals.  Of course they are being egged on by social media figures and One or Two MP's. But remember they are  in no way the majority of the country. Most people look at them aghast.

Children
No Data