How do you deal with street fundraisers?

• Hi all. Wave

What do you do when you come across a street fundraiser or 'chugger' as they are commonly known.

Usually I walk around them making no eye contact, hoping they won't notice me. Should they notice me, I might say "no thank you". But I am getting so tired of them that most of the time I just completely ignore them nowadays. I know this may sound rude but I don't want to keep being accosted and pressurised in the street. Not to mention that I don't like being approached by random strangers anyway.

I am all for donating to charities, but I like to do so in my own ways and in my own time.

Parents
  • I find it all very stressful, anxiety accelerates massively. I tend to not make eye contact and walk briskly past, I often change route so I can avoid them. The same people seem to work for totally different charities. They don’t want some loose change, they earn their money from signing people up to a direct debit. I did get caught a few years ago and noticed the amount slowly grew and kept getting messages saying how much more they could do if I raised my donation further, I cancelled the donation.

• I find it all very stressful, anxiety accelerates massively. I tend to not make eye contact and walk briskly past, I often change route so I can avoid them. The same people seem to work for totally different charities. They don’t want some loose change, they earn their money from signing people up to a direct debit. I did get caught a few years ago and noticed the amount slowly grew and kept getting messages saying how much more they could do if I raised my donation further, I cancelled the donation.

Children
No Data