How do you deal with street fundraisers?

• Hi all. Wave

What do you do when you come across a street fundraiser or 'chugger' as they are commonly known.

Usually I walk around them making no eye contact, hoping they won't notice me. Should they notice me, I might say "no thank you". But I am getting so tired of them that most of the time I just completely ignore them nowadays. I know this may sound rude but I don't want to keep being accosted and pressurised in the street. Not to mention that I don't like being approached by random strangers anyway.

I am all for donating to charities, but I like to do so in my own ways and in my own time.

Parents
  • I just smile and tell them I donate regulalry from my small income to charities and I can't afford any more than I already give. If they have a tin I might put a few small coins in it, but other than that I refuse to engage with them.

• I just smile and tell them I donate regulalry from my small income to charities and I can't afford any more than I already give. If they have a tin I might put a few small coins in it, but other than that I refuse to engage with them.

Children
No Data