newly diagnosed neurodivergent

hello, recently received suggestion that I am neurodivergent from consultant psychiatrist.This came as quite a surprise late in life [66 yo] but looking back on the last 6 decades it makes a lot of sense of a lifetime of social and professional difficulties as well as a thinking style which analyses and rehearses everything that comes out of my mouth until it sounds like an excerpt from a badly scripted film.As you may have noticed it also seems to give me a writing style of long and wordy sentences ! [sorry].

The lifetime of pressure of neither myself nor anyone else understanding my behaviour and the negative self evaluation that went with this misapprehension eventually led to a suicide attempt, which, while very sad, led to the psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis.I'm still New to all this and trying to understand a lifetime of experiences in a new way seems bit bewildering but I'm sure we'll get there in the end

Any suggestion of online resources or useful books for old white guys in my position would be welcome

thanks

Parents
  • Welcome to my nightmare. It doesn't get any better. Diagnosis, or none, it* doesn't really change you. You're still you.  My advice is to ignore it, and uh, just read what you enjoy. (*the knowledge of your predicament) 

• Welcome to my nightmare. It doesn't get any better. Diagnosis, or none, it* doesn't really change you. You're still you.  My advice is to ignore it, and uh, just read what you enjoy. (*the knowledge of your predicament) 

Children
No Data