Young adult wanting to make friends.

My son is 19 and has had his diagnosis since he was 3 years old. He currently goes to college and is looking for a part time job and is getting some assistance from the NOW group to help look for a job. He is so lonely and over the past 2 years he has showed a keen interest in wanting to make friends. He has some acquaintances in college but no really good friends. Is there a group or meeting for young adults in the same situation in the Belfast area that he could go to as I am so worried about him. We have no other family and it’s basically just him and I and I haven’t been in great health over the last year or so and am so worried incase something were to happen to me he literally has no one to help him. It’s so heartbreaking to think about and keeps me awake at night worrying. I hope someone can point me in any direction. Thankyou in advance xx

Parents
  • Hello there! Sounds like you might find the following links useful:

Support available for autistic adults and children, parents and carers, how to request an assessment or find out about funding for social care please visit:

You may be interested in contacting a local National Autistic Society branch. Our branches offer support to local autistic people and their families. If you interesting in checking if there is a local branch near to you, please follow the link below:

Our branches are volunteer-led, and as such every branch and group is different. Some are parent support groups, some provide support and information to autistic adults, while others have office premises and run their own a drop-in service. You will need to check with a branch directly for more information on whether they are able to provide a particular service that you are interested in.

If you were interested in starting a branch or group, please email branchservices@nas.org.uk
    I hope you find something in there useful Blush
    Best,
    SarahMod
  • Hello there! Sounds like you might find the following links useful:

Support available for autistic adults and children, parents and carers, how to request an assessment or find out about funding for social care please visit:

You may be interested in contacting a local National Autistic Society branch. Our branches offer support to local autistic people and their families. If you interesting in checking if there is a local branch near to you, please follow the link below:

Our branches are volunteer-led, and as such every branch and group is different. Some are parent support groups, some provide support and information to autistic adults, while others have office premises and run their own a drop-in service. You will need to check with a branch directly for more information on whether they are able to provide a particular service that you are interested in.

If you were interested in starting a branch or group, please email branchservices@nas.org.uk
    I hope you find something in there useful Blush
    Best,
    SarahMod
Children
No Data