Young adult wanting to make friends.

My son is 19 and has had his diagnosis since he was 3 years old. He currently goes to college and is looking for a part time job and is getting some assistance from the NOW group to help look for a job. He is so lonely and over the past 2 years he has showed a keen interest in wanting to make friends. He has some acquaintances in college but no really good friends. Is there a group or meeting for young adults in the same situation in the Belfast area that he could go to as I am so worried about him. We have no other family and it’s basically just him and I and I haven’t been in great health over the last year or so and am so worried incase something were to happen to me he literally has no one to help him. It’s so heartbreaking to think about and keeps me awake at night worrying. I hope someone can point me in any direction. Thankyou in advance xx

Parents
  • Have you looked into the Ambitious Youth Network with Ambitious about Autism? They have some in person events but mainly I like going to their online groups on Tuesdays and Thursdays afternoons. I haven’t made any friends necessarily but everyone is very friendly and it’s a lot of fun to talk to other young autistic people! The Mix also has an online forum with some spaces for general chat and they do events like movie nights in the evening sometimes.

• Have you looked into the Ambitious Youth Network with Ambitious about Autism? They have some in person events but mainly I like going to their online groups on Tuesdays and Thursdays afternoons. I haven’t made any friends necessarily but everyone is very friendly and it’s a lot of fun to talk to other young autistic people! The Mix also has an online forum with some spaces for general chat and they do events like movie nights in the evening sometimes.

Children