Autism and Buddhism

Hi 

just wondering if there are any Buddhists out there who are also autistic. And if so does it help? Thanks 

Parents
  • I think this is something that helps many people.

I cannot commit to something like Buddhism as it is a hell of an intellectual commitment and it contradicts other ideas I have about the world . I  also feel it would also mean killing some of my aspirations and desires.

An old friend of mine is very convinced that there is afterlife.  An Astral Plane or something similar.

I'm just a bog standard Atheist I'm afraid.

• I listened to a podcast where a girl was able to astral project to a specific place. She found, other people were able to access this exact place too. Upon discussion they mentioned aspects she had never mentioned to them, which were the same, so kind of corroborated her experience. She was a very keen meditator and brought up in a family where the "other side of life" was very much a normal part of her upbringing. 

• I remain skeptical I'm afraid. I can definitely understand the appeal  of Buddhism in this world. Pain is a powerful thing and many people understandly wish to seek relief from it.

Reply Children
No Data