Benefits

Hi all do any of you think people will lose their benefits within the next few months under this Labour government as I’m worried and I don’t like not knowing what’s going on. I was signed off work will they make mr work?

Parents
  • It doesn’t seem to matter what party you vote for anymore they are all hell bent on crippling the British population and leaving us in abject poverty. You should see where I live I live in a very poor neighbourhood and I see a lot of terrible things from day to day. Drug deals, fights you name it. It all goes on here. There’s too much hate in this world it seems like people will never learn. We seem hell bent on destroying each other and the planet we share together. Oh well. It’s hard for me to have an open heart after the damage society has done to me and still continues to do to us disabled folks. Taking money away from people who need it is disgusting and appalling. When people will have had enough I’m not sure. But I am sure of one thing, I will keep fighting for my life in this world. If this world wants to be mean and put me down I will stand up twice as tall in defiance. The world has kicked me to the dirt so many times and I’m still here so I’m ready for it whatever comes my way I can stand through it all.

• I used to live in an 11th floor flat in one of the poor areas of Southend on sea. It was a mix of the  poor but respectable, and those who were  more than a little antisocial. Worst experience was a few months before my wife died. A tenant, who was being evicted, torched his/her flat. Lifts couldn't be used. There was no way my wife who had significant mobility difficulties, along with vascular dementia,could've got to safety. Luckily the fire was dealt with quite quickly, but those 30 plus minutes till  I knew we were safe that was full of a dread I never want to experience again.

• I used to live in an 11th floor flat in one of the poor areas of Southend on sea. It was a mix of the  poor but respectable, and those who were  more than a little antisocial. Worst experience was a few months before my wife died. A tenant, who was being evicted, torched his/her flat. Lifts couldn't be used. There was no way my wife who had significant mobility difficulties, along with vascular dementia,could've got to safety. Luckily the fire was dealt with quite quickly, but those 30 plus minutes till  I knew we were safe that was full of a dread I never want to experience again.

Children
  • Sorry to hear that. That does sound horrific. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone at all. Plus it sounds so scary. I mean that was very selfish of the person who torched they’re flat like that not thinking about the other people in the flats who could have got hurt. Hopefully they were punished for their actions. Hopefully you never have to go through that ever again. I also used to live in a high rise flat and I absolutely despise the things. They are horrible to live in. I don’t want to go into all the reasons why though. But your story is a good example of why I don’t think people should live in these tower blocks.