Benefits

Hi all do any of you think people will lose their benefits within the next few months under this Labour government as I’m worried and I don’t like not knowing what’s going on. I was signed off work will they make mr work?

Parents
  • I read the following on the Benefits and Work website, which relates to The King's Speech. For those who are unaware, the King's Speech is when the monarch delivers a speech written by the government at the State Opening of Parliament, and outlines the government's plans.

There do not appear to be any disability or incapacity benefit related provisions in the King's Speech.

The government can still introduce benefits legislation in the coming year that is not included in the speech, but the absence of any such content does suggest that it is not one of the main priorities for the first year of the current Labour administration.

Source: https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/king-s-speech-2024-updates

I don't think you have any cause to worry just yet, .

In time, I feel it is inevitable that changes to the existing benefits system will be made. However, as with any government legislation that gets passed, it will take time to put in place and implement.

• I read the following on the Benefits and Work website, which relates to The King's Speech. For those who are unaware, the King's Speech is when the monarch delivers a speech written by the government at the State Opening of Parliament, and outlines the government's plans.

There do not appear to be any disability or incapacity benefit related provisions in the King's Speech.

The government can still introduce benefits legislation in the coming year that is not included in the speech, but the absence of any such content does suggest that it is not one of the main priorities for the first year of the current Labour administration.

Source: https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/king-s-speech-2024-updates

I don't think you have any cause to worry just yet, .

In time, I feel it is inevitable that changes to the existing benefits system will be made. However, as with any government legislation that gets passed, it will take time to put in place and implement.

Children