Gambling

Just wanted some views.I used to gamble too much and chase losses .I had this view you could beat the bookies if you just had enough money.it did not work.Now I find gambling boring and ma very selective when I do it.I do it within reason and either lose small amounts or win small amounts.

I was just wondering is my type of obsessions with numbers typical of Autism.I am also very into money and the stock market etc and love the FT.

Look forward to some views on the above

Parents
  • I have long enjoyed the FT.  When I was in my first job our Management Team used to receive a paper copy delivered daily to their office.  One of those Managers used to lend me his copy for me to enjoy reading over lunchtime. 

We had a system where I would make a small ballpoint pen circle on the top outer corner of a page and then put an asterisk in the column on the page next to an article of note - which I thought was relevant to the environment of our sector / clients / suppliers (or might represent an opportunity for our department, as yet unexploded e.g. developments in our industry).

I was able to read the FT for free and on a busy day the Manager was able to speed read his FT copy.

Last year, while studying an online course, I got frustrated when the course material kept including links to FT articles behind the pay wall.  Top tip: try searching for the same headline on the FT Facebook channel as (very often) you can read the article for free.

I quite like some of the FT podcasts too.

...hmm, about Gambling; I would recommend folks give that a miss ...I have seen enough work colleagues (and therefore their families too) unexpectedly get into traumatic trouble that route to say: no.

• I have long enjoyed the FT.  When I was in my first job our Management Team used to receive a paper copy delivered daily to their office.  One of those Managers used to lend me his copy for me to enjoy reading over lunchtime. 

We had a system where I would make a small ballpoint pen circle on the top outer corner of a page and then put an asterisk in the column on the page next to an article of note - which I thought was relevant to the environment of our sector / clients / suppliers (or might represent an opportunity for our department, as yet unexploded e.g. developments in our industry).

I was able to read the FT for free and on a busy day the Manager was able to speed read his FT copy.

Last year, while studying an online course, I got frustrated when the course material kept including links to FT articles behind the pay wall.  Top tip: try searching for the same headline on the FT Facebook channel as (very often) you can read the article for free.

I quite like some of the FT podcasts too.

...hmm, about Gambling; I would recommend folks give that a miss ...I have seen enough work colleagues (and therefore their families too) unexpectedly get into traumatic trouble that route to say: no.

Children