On Site Censorship

Does anyone else get caught out by writing names or common expressions and then find that they've been automaitically censored? I've had this happen a couple of times and I find it really annoying that I can't use a name or phrase without it being censored, it seems like there's no context to the censorship, just a blanket ban, are we not grown ups who can sort this stuff out for ourselves? I think this site is to nannying at times and yet seems to allow other things to slip through unnoticed.

Parents
  • Yes, it can happen automatically. My name used to get starred out because it has 'ass' in it.

• Does the bot still object to a steel producing town in North Lincolnshire or the full name of a parish near Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, or has AI improved?  I think bots have learnt that a football team known as the Gunners is OK, despite its rectal beginning.

And what is wrong with an English donkey, even if Americans use that spelling to signify one's gluteal region and associated fundamental orifice?

• The Gods alone know how bots would deal with a lot of English village names? Some of them sound quite rude even when they're not. I'm not surprised that the bots cant' handle the name of that football club, but do they not also recognise it as a term for a munitions store, which was what it was originally named after or is it just the first four letters it dosen't like?

• The Gods alone know how bots would deal with a lot of English village names? Some of them sound quite rude even when they're not. I'm not surprised that the bots cant' handle the name of that football club, but do they not also recognise it as a term for a munitions store, which was what it was originally named after or is it just the first four letters it dosen't like?

Children
No Data