On Site Censorship

Does anyone else get caught out by writing names or common expressions and then find that they've been automaitically censored? I've had this happen a couple of times and I find it really annoying that I can't use a name or phrase without it being censored, it seems like there's no context to the censorship, just a blanket ban, are we not grown ups who can sort this stuff out for ourselves? I think this site is to nannying at times and yet seems to allow other things to slip through unnoticed.

Parents
  • I see it happen but there are ways of escaping the algorithm as people have replied below.  I do see that it can be triggering in the respect that many of us have been told to "act in appropriate ways" and use language that is not considered offensive.  This is frustrating as I see forum members have a somewhat sick sense of humour that connects us but isn't allowed because of the forum rules.  That said, text can be misconstrued so maybe that's why the site has the censorship as some people can feel upset or offended? D a m n e d if you do and d a m n e d if you don't.....

• I see it happen but there are ways of escaping the algorithm as people have replied below.  I do see that it can be triggering in the respect that many of us have been told to "act in appropriate ways" and use language that is not considered offensive.  This is frustrating as I see forum members have a somewhat sick sense of humour that connects us but isn't allowed because of the forum rules.  That said, text can be misconstrued so maybe that's why the site has the censorship as some people can feel upset or offended? D a m n e d if you do and d a m n e d if you don't.....

Children
No Data