Are we happy with the general election result?

Just wondered if people on here are happy or unhappy at the general election result last week? I stayed up most of the night to watch the results come in. 

It would be wonderful if we could have a calm, logical, reasoned political discussion on here that doesn't result in anger, name calling and the mods locking the thread

Come on guys lets prove we can do it! 

Parents
  • I'm pleased a change has occured, and they at least seem to be doing what they said they would from the off. But my fears are that the world order is changing and with it the Wests position within it. As we continue to slide south on that list I think it is unrealistic for any elected government to resolve the significant issues we face without someone getting the billions of pounds back necessary to resolve the issues of the economy, NHS, equality, disability, housing... the list is really endless.

I also think we will never see proper voter participation until the system is changed.

But at least they are aren't Tories! For now someone else can have a go and I'll smile at that

• I'm pleased a change has occured, and they at least seem to be doing what they said they would from the off. But my fears are that the world order is changing and with it the Wests position within it. As we continue to slide south on that list I think it is unrealistic for any elected government to resolve the significant issues we face without someone getting the billions of pounds back necessary to resolve the issues of the economy, NHS, equality, disability, housing... the list is really endless.

I also think we will never see proper voter participation until the system is changed.

But at least they are aren't Tories! For now someone else can have a go and I'll smile at that

Children
  • I think PR itself has the potential to be unrepresentative. That's because of smaller parties wanting more say than is warranted, based on their vote share. There may be ways ,perhaps, of avoiding such a situation??