Are we happy with the general election result?

Just wondered if people on here are happy or unhappy at the general election result last week? I stayed up most of the night to watch the results come in. 

It would be wonderful if we could have a calm, logical, reasoned political discussion on here that doesn't result in anger, name calling and the mods locking the thread

Come on guys lets prove we can do it! 

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
  • The climate crisis is very real, and this forum is now beginning to worry me a great deal. Climate scientists are not "mentalists" and it's not a tool of control by the "globalist deep state" (for one thing, are you saying the incredibly rich Oil industry is NOT part of some "deep state", that somehow they got left out of the draft when the deep state was formed?)

Please read a few books on the subject of the climate emergency. It's the biggest threat we face as a species.

• Climate Change is very real, as is insect depletion. The CAUSES are teh only thing a sane man who has lved over a half century can legitimately argue about.

The weather ain't the same as when I was a kid, and my visor hardly ever llooks like an insect cemetary after a run through the town or even the country most days. 

But "Climate Change"(tm) is indeed being used as a lever to make vast social changes which do not appear entirely benevolent or a techncially correct and meaningful solution. 

May I offer a very simple climate model for your consideration, which as far as I can determien is backed up by longterm historical facts and science 'n stuff?  

It assumes nature is "in balance" CO2 wise to start with:

1. A big fecking volcano erupts dumping more CO2 into the atmosphere than we have managed over the last fifty years. (Apparenlty that happens form time to time)

2. Temperatures rise. 

3. Plantlife gets more CO2 and Heat so it grows more abundantly. 

4. The plants consume the excess co2, thus the system regualtes itself. (As god designed it to do, unitl teh appointed hour!)  

Ahh! Cry the climate mentalists, we are adding co2 that was not in the cycle because of fossil fuels!

The you just use vegetation as fuel, I'd suggest a variation of the woods gas process, put teh enrgy int teh grid, and sequester the resutant charcoal instead of making racing cars, pencils or laser toner out of it as we would now... 

There really are different and I suggest equally valuable ways of approaching a problem. BUt you ahev to actually be able to get to the real issue and stop "arguing over how many angels can dance on a pin".

Well that's what I think (FWIW) and now I really MUST go and do some work..