Am I wasting time with talking therapy?

All the sweaty bus trips, the expense, just to be told to basically go *** myself.  Also the ND group I went to last week was just disappointing, I just sat listening and I felt like a basic *** who had nothing interesting to say and I got up and left 50 minutes in.

I basically have to be my own therapist and sounding board now.  :(

Parents
  • Don’t think your response is helpful!

Perhaps give a reason why you say that? Even if it’s your experience, it won’t necessarily be other people’s!

• because talk never achieves anything, the people you talk to/the councillors themselves are deadbeats with bad life choices who only went into that job because they dont really want to work and beoing a councillor is basically a easy being paid to do nothing job... thats why my sister, a lifelong benefit claimant who told me herself she never wants to work, tried to be a counsellor .... despite really terrible life choices and a innability to move or do anything for herself because she cant be bothered to do anything....

therefore talk therapy is useless, the counsellors doing them are a mess and are useless themselves and they likely need to sort their lives out never mind the people they try to so called help. and i dunno... talking kinda doesnt work on the flip side too based on the patient...

for example.. i was offered some talk therapy from my employment assistance programme... it wasnt even face to face but over the phone.... i didnt wanna open up to them over the phone.... maybe face to face it would feel more forced and id feel i need to? .... but it didnt help me the over phone counselor, and i couldnt even be honest with them as they said on topics like possible self harm theyd have to report you so you cant even speak about your feelings on that without knowing theyd have the police kick your door down and drag you to jail lol ... pretty useless... im not the type to talk over a phone anyway, im not the type to talk at all... i dont think talk therapy would work for people who have autistic traits that make them be too shy to talk or be not the verbal type.... then you can say about written talk therapy, but then yeah i dunno then its just me rambling like i am here and im not sure that helps anyway, but i do ramble alot online in text so perhaps it doesnt exactly help but is like a outlet. perhaps talk therapy isnt needed but something to flush the mind of everything thats on it, but talk therapy doesnt do that, it likely just adds more to your mind lol and doesnt clear the previous stuff.

• because talk never achieves anything, the people you talk to/the councillors themselves are deadbeats with bad life choices who only went into that job because they dont really want to work and beoing a councillor is basically a easy being paid to do nothing job... thats why my sister, a lifelong benefit claimant who told me herself she never wants to work, tried to be a counsellor .... despite really terrible life choices and a innability to move or do anything for herself because she cant be bothered to do anything....

therefore talk therapy is useless, the counsellors doing them are a mess and are useless themselves and they likely need to sort their lives out never mind the people they try to so called help. and i dunno... talking kinda doesnt work on the flip side too based on the patient...

for example.. i was offered some talk therapy from my employment assistance programme... it wasnt even face to face but over the phone.... i didnt wanna open up to them over the phone.... maybe face to face it would feel more forced and id feel i need to? .... but it didnt help me the over phone counselor, and i couldnt even be honest with them as they said on topics like possible self harm theyd have to report you so you cant even speak about your feelings on that without knowing theyd have the police kick your door down and drag you to jail lol ... pretty useless... im not the type to talk over a phone anyway, im not the type to talk at all... i dont think talk therapy would work for people who have autistic traits that make them be too shy to talk or be not the verbal type.... then you can say about written talk therapy, but then yeah i dunno then its just me rambling like i am here and im not sure that helps anyway, but i do ramble alot online in text so perhaps it doesnt exactly help but is like a outlet. perhaps talk therapy isnt needed but something to flush the mind of everything thats on it, but talk therapy doesnt do that, it likely just adds more to your mind lol and doesnt clear the previous stuff.

Children
No Data