I find people different sensory stimulations fascinating

Hi as a person on the spectrum I have issues with different smells, tastes and touching certain objects a challenge but some I love. I was at an autistic art therapy session a few weeks back and there were these like beads but they were soft and slimy in a bowl of water. Everyone in the session hated the feel of them me though I couldn’t get my hands out of the bowl I loved the feel and everything I just could have played with those beads for hours I felt so calm and relaxed. I am absolutely fascinated with how different we actually are. I was told once you’ve met one person with autism then you only met one person with autism, confusing at first yeah but then I understand what that saying meant people with autism are different we have different personalities different needs she so on. Those slimy beads I loved but the one thing I hated was years ago my old dog had this blue lead I touched once and I freaked out and I couldn’t touch it again it was the feeling of the material it was made from I couldn’t stand it. My parents used to try to force me to hold this was before my diagnosis and I would refuse to a point I would run off crying or go into a possible meltdown. It’s strange but fascinating how different everything one is with different sensory needs. Feel free to make a comment about this what does everyone else think about this discussion. 

• Strong smells make me ill and I hate loud noises. There this night club by me and on weekends all I hear is boom boom boom until gone 5 in the morning that is hell on earth. Can’t wait to move which will be this Saturday to somewhere quieter. 

• My name’s Rachel but I prefer to be called Rach. I don’t mind the sound of a clock ticking I also love the sound of heavy rain and wind especially at night. Stormy nights I sleep like a baby. 

• Where as I would find a ticking clock extremely relaxing. I love really strong perfumes too. Stronger the better aslong as they are of the gourmand variety, or musk, oud etc. They create a forcefield around me.

If I was to be placed into a loud factory of machines that make a constant loud sound too loud for your ears I would probably fall asleep. 

I also listen to my music on my headphones the loudest it goes and have done for years. I should be deaf.

• Hi! I am new here. My sensory preferences are really weird as well. I mean I have always hated foods with cooked oil in them like peas and beans because of their taste AND their texture, but ironically I am the only person in my family that can stand okra, which has weird fibres in it and should be a sensory hell for most autistic people. Auditory stimulations trigger me really easily and I feel really anxious when I can hear people walking close to me in my house for some reason that has to do with the fear of perception. I also hate hearing people whispering to each other and barely audible whispers can wake me up more easily than a normal conversation in the background. Ticking clocks give me anxiety, snoring makes me want to jump off a bridge and being perceived extracts all joy from my life especially when I am stimming (because I stim in quite "weird" ways and people judge). When I feel anxious and melt-down, I like to stim to metal music. I bob my head back and forth like NTs listening to music but much more intensely (headphones fall off my head), and I shake my hands so frantically it looks like I am having an epileptic crisis but with a trembling sign of the horns, or playing air drums to the music. My best stimming experience yet has occured while listening to the trooper by iron maiden. You can probably guess that no one wants to see me do that and I feel like *** when people notice me doing it, stripping out all the joy. Anyway, that's my take, thanks for reading, I hope you are well my friend. By the way, does Rach in your username stand for Rachmaninoff or is it like for Rachel or something idk?