Life is cruel .....

Parents
  • I remember it well. I was repairing a Black and white TV using that broadcast to set up the T.V.

The picture was slighty unstable and just as I tweaked the Horizontal hold preset the shuttle blew up! 

Fortunately it turned out to be a freak event, I continued to fix T.V sets for quite a while afterwards, and no other spacecraft blew up whilst I was working on them! 

You had to be careful with those old T.V. sets, they had high voltages and magic smoke in them.

• I remember that so well - one of those formative childhood shock news moments. So sad.

Following on from your own bit of dark synchronicity there I Sperg, I went to see what the clip was - and then simultaneously with realising exactly what (which shuttle disaster) it was - the inevitable advert (airport related?) that preceded it began with the unfortunate opening gambit 'To arrange a spare shuttle...' I did not proceed. 

• I remember that so well - one of those formative childhood shock news moments. So sad.

Following on from your own bit of dark synchronicity there I Sperg, I went to see what the clip was - and then simultaneously with realising exactly what (which shuttle disaster) it was - the inevitable advert (airport related?) that preceded it began with the unfortunate opening gambit 'To arrange a spare shuttle...' I did not proceed. 

Children
No Data