Looking for Friends - South Derbyshire and Surrounding!

Hi everybody, I'm 28, recently diagnosed and would like to find some people to talk to! I live in South Derbyshire and it'd be cool to find some people nearby too. 

I love board games and video games too, my favourite is The Sims on PC but I do play Xbox and Switch also. I'm a Disney and Harry Potter fan (any fellow Hufflepuff's out there?), I love a lovey-dovey romance movie and my favourite TV shows are Friends and The Big Bang Theory.

I am struggling to come to terms with my diagnosis as well so it'd be nice to be able to chat to someone going through the same things, as my neurotypical friends don't really get it. Though they do try their hardest! If anyone knows of any local support groups also that would be amazing!

Parents
  • Hello! I'm based a bit further away (Birmingham) but hopefully you find what you're looking for. Slight smile

• Aw Birmingham isn't too far away!

• That's something! I watch mostly British entertainment and comedy shows, and I like listening to people like Ed Sheeran and boybands like One Direction, Take That and Westlife. Slight smile

I do have a soft spot for The Big Bang Theory though, plus quite a few Disney films. 

• Ah at least there's a few of the same shows you like!

I am indeed more of a Pixar person!

• I tend to rewatch the same shows over and over again, I don't stray from the path easily! But I love How I Met Your Mother, I quite enjoy Law and Order SVU, and I love My Mad Fat Diary, Inbetweeners, Stranger Things and have very recently caved and started watching Young Sheldon after years of protesting it. I do also love Emmerdale, it's the only soap that I watch haha! Back when I lived at home with my parents I used to watch Would I Lie to You and Mock the Week, and 8 Out of 10 Cats doing Countdown! But I don't watch live TV anymore I just watch Netflix and DVDs really.

Sounds like you're more of a Pixar person then! My favourites are Tangled and Big Hero Six, but I do love Toy Story, I grew up with it, and Cars too! But I'm not a big fan of the second one.

• Nice! What other TV shows do you like?

I notice I didn't give any examples, but I like Would I Lie to You, Taskmaster, Britain's Got Talent etc.

I like the Toy Story, Cars and Inside Out films where Disney is concerned. Slight smile

• Nice! What other TV shows do you like?

I notice I didn't give any examples, but I like Would I Lie to You, Taskmaster, Britain's Got Talent etc.

I like the Toy Story, Cars and Inside Out films where Disney is concerned. Slight smile

Children
  • Ah at least there's a few of the same shows you like!

I am indeed more of a Pixar person!

• I tend to rewatch the same shows over and over again, I don't stray from the path easily! But I love How I Met Your Mother, I quite enjoy Law and Order SVU, and I love My Mad Fat Diary, Inbetweeners, Stranger Things and have very recently caved and started watching Young Sheldon after years of protesting it. I do also love Emmerdale, it's the only soap that I watch haha! Back when I lived at home with my parents I used to watch Would I Lie to You and Mock the Week, and 8 Out of 10 Cats doing Countdown! But I don't watch live TV anymore I just watch Netflix and DVDs really.

Sounds like you're more of a Pixar person then! My favourites are Tangled and Big Hero Six, but I do love Toy Story, I grew up with it, and Cars too! But I'm not a big fan of the second one.