II think I'm going to invoke a storm filled summer!

My carpet needs shampooing, usually as soon as I do that we get loads of rain and it gets dirty again.

Parents
  • usually as soon as I do that we get loads of rain and it gets dirty again

Maybe take your outside shoes off as soon as you come into the house - like the Japanese do.

Change into slippers or indoor shoes and no more outside dirt inside.

Unless you have cats of course - in that case you need to build a car wash type thingie into the cat flap.

• How do I get the dog to take her paws off? We have door mats and stuff, we have a towel to wipe her paws with, but she still bring mud in.

We don't have a cat flap.

It is a new carpet and a good quality one so I want to look after it, Mum and I bought a proper carpet shampooer a few years ago and although it's hard work, it's brilliant and leaves the carpet almost dry. Of course I wear slippers, but sometimes I do need to step outside and I'm not going to go to all the faff of changing my shoes, although when I do step outside I walk back in onto hard floors.

Yes, the carpets are inside, but the crud comes inside too. I think we could do with some rain, my gardens looking very sorry for itself..

• How do I get the dog to take her paws off? We have door mats and stuff, we have a towel to wipe her paws with, but she still bring mud in.

We don't have a cat flap.

It is a new carpet and a good quality one so I want to look after it, Mum and I bought a proper carpet shampooer a few years ago and although it's hard work, it's brilliant and leaves the carpet almost dry. Of course I wear slippers, but sometimes I do need to step outside and I'm not going to go to all the faff of changing my shoes, although when I do step outside I walk back in onto hard floors.

Yes, the carpets are inside, but the crud comes inside too. I think we could do with some rain, my gardens looking very sorry for itself..

Children
No Data