The world feels hostile today.

I often feel the world is hostile.

People looking at me feels judgemental.

People speaking to me feels invasive.

I feel constantly, implicitly shamed and redirected.

I don't get why people interfere with small things, like - I kid you not - where I refill my water bottle.

It feels like me getting my needs met the way I have to is unacceptable to people.

Parents
  • It feels like me getting my needs met the way I have to is unacceptable to people.

If you think about it this is because the way we do these things has a  similar impact on how others see out actions at times - we do stuff that breaks their norms, that feels invasive to them etc.

There is no right or wrong, only laws and perceptions.

Since the "normals" make up the vast majority of the population it is unlikely we will get them to change for us (we are a tiny fraction at 2%) so the best form of defence is to stop caring what they think.

I have found it very liberating and it has given me so much energy back to enjoying life that I wish I had done it long ago.

There are books on the subject "the subtle art of not giving a f*ck" by Mark Manson is one option.

• It feels like me getting my needs met the way I have to is unacceptable to people.

If you think about it this is because the way we do these things has a  similar impact on how others see out actions at times - we do stuff that breaks their norms, that feels invasive to them etc.

There is no right or wrong, only laws and perceptions.

Since the "normals" make up the vast majority of the population it is unlikely we will get them to change for us (we are a tiny fraction at 2%) so the best form of defence is to stop caring what they think.

I have found it very liberating and it has given me so much energy back to enjoying life that I wish I had done it long ago.

There are books on the subject "the subtle art of not giving a f*ck" by Mark Manson is one option.

Children
No Data