Does anyone else get anxious when they hear a knock on the front door?

Hi all. Wave

Do you get all anxious when someone knocks on your front door and you just want them to go away? The abruptness and unknown makes me really tense. Needless to say, I never answer my door unless I am expecting someone or a package. If it's important they can text me (should they have my number) or drop a note through my letter box or something.

I also don't answer phone calls from unknown or numbers that I don't recognise. If it's important, they usually text or leave a voicemail.

Parents
  • Always. I hardly ever answer the door if I'm not expecting a visit. I'll sometimes go and look out of a window to see if it's someone I should open the door to. Usually it isn't. At Hallowe'en my preferred tactic is to switch lights out at the front and to retreat to the back of the house so it seems like no-one is home.

Oh yes... and if there's an insistent knock I'm even less likely to go to the door. I have a perfectly good bell. There's no need to bang on the door or rattle the letter box flap. That's just rude.

• Always. I hardly ever answer the door if I'm not expecting a visit. I'll sometimes go and look out of a window to see if it's someone I should open the door to. Usually it isn't. At Hallowe'en my preferred tactic is to switch lights out at the front and to retreat to the back of the house so it seems like no-one is home.

Oh yes... and if there's an insistent knock I'm even less likely to go to the door. I have a perfectly good bell. There's no need to bang on the door or rattle the letter box flap. That's just rude.

Children