Does anyone else get anxious when they hear a knock on the front door?

Hi all. Wave

Do you get all anxious when someone knocks on your front door and you just want them to go away? The abruptness and unknown makes me really tense. Needless to say, I never answer my door unless I am expecting someone or a package. If it's important they can text me (should they have my number) or drop a note through my letter box or something.

I also don't answer phone calls from unknown or numbers that I don't recognise. If it's important, they usually text or leave a voicemail.

Parents
  • I get fed up with the phone ringing or a text arriving, but almost the only person who knocks at the door is the postman or delivery driver, if I'm lucky I might get a Jehovas Witness to play with.

• if I'm lucky I might get a Jehovas Witness to play with

Like a cat with a mouse...

• Exactly Iain, I dont' seek them out, but if they seek me out then they're fair game, I once made a Mormon run away from me in the street when I argued him round to my point of view. Poor guy, I think I gave him a real crisis of faith, which if you're a religious or spiritual person is a real injury, I saw him some days later surrounded by elders, he saw me and started shaking all over.

• Exactly Iain, I dont' seek them out, but if they seek me out then they're fair game, I once made a Mormon run away from me in the street when I argued him round to my point of view. Poor guy, I think I gave him a real crisis of faith, which if you're a religious or spiritual person is a real injury, I saw him some days later surrounded by elders, he saw me and started shaking all over.

Children
No Data