Does anyone else get anxious when they hear a knock on the front door?

Hi all. Wave

Do you get all anxious when someone knocks on your front door and you just want them to go away? The abruptness and unknown makes me really tense. Needless to say, I never answer my door unless I am expecting someone or a package. If it's important they can text me (should they have my number) or drop a note through my letter box or something.

I also don't answer phone calls from unknown or numbers that I don't recognise. If it's important, they usually text or leave a voicemail.

Parents
  • Me too I'm the same just completely wiped out by anxiety when there's a knock at the door...mind starts racing and jumps to the worst conclusions. Exact same thing happens when my phone rings, I keep it on silent so half the time I don't hear it ring. 

It's like the postman comes and I'm to scared to open the door. Really pathetic but I can't help it. Anxiety just rails me.

• Me too I'm the same just completely wiped out by anxiety when there's a knock at the door...mind starts racing and jumps to the worst conclusions. Exact same thing happens when my phone rings, I keep it on silent so half the time I don't hear it ring. 

It's like the postman comes and I'm to scared to open the door. Really pathetic but I can't help it. Anxiety just rails me.

Children