When and where do you feel you're being 'as you are' ?

My question is - do you have any place (community, environment, online,,, anywhere) where you feel you belong to and can be 'as you are' without masking or concealing the autism diagnosis?

I'm an autistic adult who recently found out I'm autistic, in my 30s.
Currently I feel a little lost, that I am reluctant to disclose my diagnosis at work, to my friends, even to my family...
I feel I never experienced 'unmasking' too. 

So I'd love to hear some others stories who have places like you feel home.
Thank you!

Parents
  • So far I only told people who need to know, either those close to me so I can talk to them about it or anyone that might need to make adjustments for me, my boss for example.orher people may have guessed over the years, or at least they'll have miss diagnosed me with something else!! 

Otherwise I don't see the point, I think it's important to us to know were autistic, but unless there's a benefit to someone else knowing it's not relevant. Everyone is different, most people have issues, unless we do something crazy  that requires disclosure as an explanation then there's not much point.

In the same mind I think people should be free to talk about their issues and conditions if they want to, without being judged. I was talking to someone with ADHD recently and we both found it interesting comparing our traits, it felt nice to have that open conversation without any worry of it affecting anything.

Tell who you want to , don't feel you have to, it's really only important if you feel you benefit from them knowing.

• So far I only told people who need to know, either those close to me so I can talk to them about it or anyone that might need to make adjustments for me, my boss for example.orher people may have guessed over the years, or at least they'll have miss diagnosed me with something else!! 

Otherwise I don't see the point, I think it's important to us to know were autistic, but unless there's a benefit to someone else knowing it's not relevant. Everyone is different, most people have issues, unless we do something crazy  that requires disclosure as an explanation then there's not much point.

In the same mind I think people should be free to talk about their issues and conditions if they want to, without being judged. I was talking to someone with ADHD recently and we both found it interesting comparing our traits, it felt nice to have that open conversation without any worry of it affecting anything.

Tell who you want to , don't feel you have to, it's really only important if you feel you benefit from them knowing.

Children
No Data