I'm done with counselling

I had what I consider my final session today, it's not her, it's me.  It's on me to fix my problems and move on now.  

I wish I could have addressed my rejecting of my autism in the past, my repressed sexuality, or my general disappointment in humankind, but alas those subjects were perhaps beyond her charity mandated training.  (Mind Swansea)

I just reiterated the same junk and she and I just didn't connect at all.  50 minutes is a small window so I couldn't delve into the stuff that mattered and I said my goodbye over email.

Also I'm tired of talking about myself and the person on the other side of the room not giving a ***.  A paying client more than a person.  I might as well take a vow of silence and stay in the background.  

Please don't try to convince me to try again, I have been pushing my luck with the local services for years and I've just about run out of chances.

Parents
  • I think you should do what you feel is right. The sessions are for your benefit so if you don't feel you get any then it's not worth doing.

I'm about 10 sessions in now and I feel like eventually I'll want to go sort things and move on myself. It's been good to get a perspective on things and be able Grinningto offload some of my thoughts, having that other point of view has been good so far. It's good to have help with the anxiety and mental health issues that autism causes us, especially for me after diagnosis. but other than that you can't cure us, there's nothing wrong with us, we're just different so need help fitting in with the rest of life.

As long as you feel you have the support you need, even if that's just talking on here, you should do what you feel works for you.

• I think you should do what you feel is right. The sessions are for your benefit so if you don't feel you get any then it's not worth doing.

I'm about 10 sessions in now and I feel like eventually I'll want to go sort things and move on myself. It's been good to get a perspective on things and be able Grinningto offload some of my thoughts, having that other point of view has been good so far. It's good to have help with the anxiety and mental health issues that autism causes us, especially for me after diagnosis. but other than that you can't cure us, there's nothing wrong with us, we're just different so need help fitting in with the rest of life.

As long as you feel you have the support you need, even if that's just talking on here, you should do what you feel works for you.

Children
No Data