Why does everybody ghost me?

Even on here, people don't seem very interested in making friends! The number of people that just send me about 3 or 4 pms on here and then stop writing to me is ridiculous. Surely autistic people would want friends more, and be more sympathetic towards the fact that I'm lonely, and be able to relate more to the difficulty I have forming relationships? Why do so many people just end up ghosting me? Why aren't people interested in getting to know me? And is there anything I can do about it?

Parents
  • I made some quite several contacts here, but holding only few of them. And that’s fine. It needs time. If you like to hear: take your time, then accept that someone else also needs their time. We often don’t like being pushed, For someone maybe the conversation is not interesting so they stop answering. Don’t take it personally, we are all strangers here and only having chance to get to know each other online. Also keep in mind, that we are a community of people with not only autism, many of us have also coexisting mental health issues which makes the communication even more challenging. Once I red something that I agree with - autism is a will to make friends and connect, but lack of capacity. Maybe it’s too hard for some people to keep the conversation going for various reasons. For example being deeply concentrated on their special interest. Maybe your and the other person’s interests are different. I wish you make some friendships here, but no need to get upset if it takes time. Just an advice from my personal experience. 

• I made some quite several contacts here, but holding only few of them. And that’s fine. It needs time. If you like to hear: take your time, then accept that someone else also needs their time. We often don’t like being pushed, For someone maybe the conversation is not interesting so they stop answering. Don’t take it personally, we are all strangers here and only having chance to get to know each other online. Also keep in mind, that we are a community of people with not only autism, many of us have also coexisting mental health issues which makes the communication even more challenging. Once I red something that I agree with - autism is a will to make friends and connect, but lack of capacity. Maybe it’s too hard for some people to keep the conversation going for various reasons. For example being deeply concentrated on their special interest. Maybe your and the other person’s interests are different. I wish you make some friendships here, but no need to get upset if it takes time. Just an advice from my personal experience. 

Children
No Data