Autism diagnosis

Hi everyone  how do I go about find out if I already have a diagnosis of autism? When I was a child I was in main stream school till p4 then I remembered attending an assessment then shortly afterwards I started attending a special needs primary school and a special needs secondary school but I ha e never been told why I had to attend these schools. Anytime I asked my mum her answer was you needed to go because you where slow in picking up information. Also did ask my mum if I was ever diagnosed with autism but she can't remember what the results of the assessment with the educational psychologist and speech and language therapist was. Now that I am older I would really like to know if iam autistic or not as my 2 children are autistic and have a formal diagnosis of autism.

Parents Reply Children
  • I tried to access my medical records under the Irish Heath system (HSE) and I was told flat out that I had no right to see them at all, because at the time they were created, the influence of the Catholic Church in Irish society at that time was such that the culture was very much against the disclosure of anything, as doing so was deemed harmful