Are Autistic People More Likely To Have Both with The Police and Council

Dear All,

I have recently been diagnosed but my close family and friends knew I had Autism all my life.

Over the last 2 years or so I have started to experience so much bother with neighbours.They just don't understand that the way my Brain is wired I communicate differently and respond differently.

I am very kind and gentle and mean no harm however these people have made my life hell group bullying and making out I harass and stalk because on some occasions when I have made reasonable requests I have been ignored.I ask again then I get accused of the above.

They have managed now to get the Council to issue a CPW remember the old Asbo nice! They have also got the police now to investigate and I am in limbo while I rigorously defend myself.

Luckily I have found professional support and have a wonderful Sister to support me but at times I have felt fed up and down by all this.

it seems from my understanding that Society has not got a clue about Autism and expects myself to engage the same way as a non Autistic person.I have tried to use the example of would you punish someone in a wheelchair for not being able to run.The term reasonable adjustments is superb but seems to have no currency.I even sometimes wear an Autism Lanyard and get no consideration.

Ayone got any thoughts or had experience of this 

Parents
  • Legalities aside, in our current climate, even if we believe that we are “right” the reality is that other people “everyone else” will always see us as being “wrong” and “not understanding” that we are deemed by them to always be “wrong” by default - we have to train ourselves to accept this reality and to train ourselves to “keep quiet” even in the face of severe provocation, as such people will never accept our viewpoint as valid as they are coming from a place of prejudice and discrimation, they regard anything that we say as coming from a place of dysfunction, they will never take us seriously, as they believe that we do not have any right to make any comments on any issues because “they say so” as they can never be wrong and they can never be questioned, they are the fount of all wisdom, knowledge and common sense that they do not believe we possess by reason of our autism 

• Legalities aside, in our current climate, even if we believe that we are “right” the reality is that other people “everyone else” will always see us as being “wrong” and “not understanding” that we are deemed by them to always be “wrong” by default - we have to train ourselves to accept this reality and to train ourselves to “keep quiet” even in the face of severe provocation, as such people will never accept our viewpoint as valid as they are coming from a place of prejudice and discrimation, they regard anything that we say as coming from a place of dysfunction, they will never take us seriously, as they believe that we do not have any right to make any comments on any issues because “they say so” as they can never be wrong and they can never be questioned, they are the fount of all wisdom, knowledge and common sense that they do not believe we possess by reason of our autism 

Children
  • This is so true.

I have a deep sense of justice and right and wrong it is in  my DNA.The other thing with me is because I come across as kind and gentle only the pole that love and care about me harness that these nasty people just enjoy the bullying and picking on us.

Keep up your stance and never give up eventually society will catch up