Nextdoor Neighbour From Hell

You may feel the same way about animals as I do - I care deeply about animals and insects.

I didn't know that nextdoor was dog sitting, I just heard a dog barking and whining in distress. I went next do to see if there was a dog there, and yes there was.

My nextdoor neighbour had seen me on his doorbell camera, and he called me to ask if everything was OK - I said yes, and I was just concerned about the dog. He appeared OK with this, and said that he'd come home to check on the dog.

He came home and rang my doorbell. I answered the door only for my nextdoor neighbour to start screaming in.my face calling me a liar and a bull sh*ter, and why was I going to call the police and RSPCA when the dog is fine? I didn't even say anything about calling the police or RSPCA, I just heard the dog and wanted to know if it was OK. He then continued screaming at me for being in his garden - it's private property, and looking at his house. He then went, but started sending me nasty text messages.

It's been a few days since the incident, but I feel absolutely heartbroken, and I keep crying. I can't avoid him, as we live in terraced houses - I can even hear him walking up and down the stairs. He's scared me, I'm so upset and frightened. What can I do?

Parents Reply Children