I have always had an internal voice like a narrator in my head of my own voice

Hi everyone 

Through out my life because of my autism I have always had an internal voice like a narrator in my head of my own voice.  I find it really difficult to switch off as it constantly scripting future conversations with people.  I have try doing mindful activities to make it stop and it make hard to sleep at night.  I was wondering if anyone had advice on it?  

Parents
  • Yes I basically have the same thing. I wonder does it contribute to my chronic fatigue, that I'm structuring nuanced internal sentences more or less continually. When I sporadically talk aloud when in private/alone it's often a way to let that inner voice out. And I notice that I'll often say something like 'Now, what were we supposed to be doing', or 'where were we?' - as though talking to another person... who's me. 

• Yes I basically have the same thing. I wonder does it contribute to my chronic fatigue, that I'm structuring nuanced internal sentences more or less continually. When I sporadically talk aloud when in private/alone it's often a way to let that inner voice out. And I notice that I'll often say something like 'Now, what were we supposed to be doing', or 'where were we?' - as though talking to another person... who's me. 

Children