Elections and politics

Is anyone else interested? I'm not party political, because I find to much that is disagreeable about the various parties, for every plus point theres an equal minus one.

I realise this might be contravercial to some, is politics a taboo subject on here?

What autism friendly policies would you like to see parties take up?

Parents
  • Switzerland has the best idea. They dont really have a Prime Minister, they have a panel of people from a mixture of the political parties who decide things by consensus and all of them take turns to be Prime Minister. That way decisions are actually made with thought and consideration and for the good of the country rather than knee jerk reactions that they hope will win them votes and headlines or score points over the opposition like it is here. 

In addition the Swiss have referundums over almost everything, giving the people the chance to decide what decisions are made for the country and therefore making the nation truly democratic. They even had a refurendum over whether to have a Covid lockdown. 

There are many reasons Id like to live in Switzerland, it is ordered and logical and calm for one, but this is another one 

• Swiss have referundums over almost everything, giving the people the chance to decide what decisions are made for the country and therefore making the nation truly democratic

The Scottish independence referendum and the brexit referendum have put me off referenda for life.

They are incredibly polarising and most people are utterly ignorant of the issues and fall prey misinformation.

• That is true here but not in Switzerland I believe. I think part of the problem here is we're not used to refurendums so when they happen everyone goes crazy. Also I think the politicians and media become very tribal and want us all to pick their side. It becomes more about which side wins rather than getting the right outcome

In Switzerland I believe it is far more matter of fact and about just asking people what they think and coming together for the best outcome for the country 

• That is true here but not in Switzerland I believe. I think part of the problem here is we're not used to refurendums so when they happen everyone goes crazy. Also I think the politicians and media become very tribal and want us all to pick their side. It becomes more about which side wins rather than getting the right outcome

In Switzerland I believe it is far more matter of fact and about just asking people what they think and coming together for the best outcome for the country 

Children
No Data