Undiagnosed autism

Did anyone else here miss out on a diagnosis? Is there anyone from the 60s 70s or 80s who never got diagnosed and had autism back in the old days when no one knew anything about it? I find this really interesting. I missed diagnosis in school in the 2000s. It’s much better recognised now a days.

Parents
  • Yep.

Went to school predominantly in the 90's. There was a "thick table" in every class and year. Anyone who had what would be undiagnosed Autism and requiring adaptations or additional assistance would be assigned to the thick table. Even though I had an IQ of 156 at the age of 12. I was resident of the thick table in just about every class.

No time, no money, no staff. Blaa blaa blaa. Excuses excuses. Just a grossly insufficient and entirely not fit for purpose education system.

• I guess it’s better nowadays then? 

• Wouldn't know. Probably somewhat. But most likely not much.

It would most likely be through necessity due to the exponential increase in ASD recognition and diagnosis. And perhaps not so much that the schools are actually any better.

• Wouldn't know. Probably somewhat. But most likely not much.

It would most likely be through necessity due to the exponential increase in ASD recognition and diagnosis. And perhaps not so much that the schools are actually any better.

Children
No Data