Dyspraxia - are you clumsy? + vision problems

I've been chatting to an online friend about this and we were wondering if we have dyspraxia.

I know there is a link with autism.

When I was in the junior school a school report said: 'although not physically well co-ordinated Debra enjoys PE (physical education, sports)'.

Actually I loathed it and was hopeless and always picked last.

Very poor eyesight didn't help though so sometimes it's difficult to 'see the wood for the trees'.

My whole life I've fallen over, broken and dropped things and walked into anything really that's walkintoable.

Here's a link:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/developmental-coordination-disorder-dyspraxia-in-adults/

What about you?

Parents
  • I'm pretty sure I have dyspraxia although it's never been formally diagnosed.

I have always been very clumsy and walk into things a lot, especially door frames. I seem to have new bruises every week and I usually don't remember how they happened.

At school I was completely hopeless in PE and always last to be picked for any team sports. My hand eye co-ordination is terrible and I've never been able to catch or hit a ball.

I found it hard to learn how to ride a bike due to my balance problems. In my teens I tried cycling to school but kept hitting things and falling off. I gave up and went back to walking instead, even though it was a couple of miles each way.

Learning to drive a car was very difficult and it took far too many attempts to pass. In hindsight I should have opted to learn in an automatic.

When out walking on any ground that's not completely smooth I need to use a pair of hiking poles to stay upright!

I can't dance or follow instructions in exercise classes. There is a disconnect between what my brain tells my body to do and what it actually does. Even if I do manage to follow an instruction it will be long after everyone else has moved onto the next action.

I tried yoga but couldn't even stand on one foot without collapsing in a heap on the floor Sweat smile

• I'm pretty sure I have dyspraxia although it's never been formally diagnosed.

I have always been very clumsy and walk into things a lot, especially door frames. I seem to have new bruises every week and I usually don't remember how they happened.

At school I was completely hopeless in PE and always last to be picked for any team sports. My hand eye co-ordination is terrible and I've never been able to catch or hit a ball.

I found it hard to learn how to ride a bike due to my balance problems. In my teens I tried cycling to school but kept hitting things and falling off. I gave up and went back to walking instead, even though it was a couple of miles each way.

Learning to drive a car was very difficult and it took far too many attempts to pass. In hindsight I should have opted to learn in an automatic.

When out walking on any ground that's not completely smooth I need to use a pair of hiking poles to stay upright!

I can't dance or follow instructions in exercise classes. There is a disconnect between what my brain tells my body to do and what it actually does. Even if I do manage to follow an instruction it will be long after everyone else has moved onto the next action.

I tried yoga but couldn't even stand on one foot without collapsing in a heap on the floor Sweat smile

Children
No Data